Midi Fighter 3D Remix Deck Firmware BETA - Page 5
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

The mf3d functionality of mine is now hosed. Everything seemed to be going swimmingly at first. I started installing the remix firmware, then Midi Fighter Utility stopped recognizing my mf3d and never came back. I fired up Traktor and I can get the remix functionality, but no standard mf3d functionality. I've tried everything I can think of so far and Midi Fighter Utility still won't recognized it and the standard mf3d functionality seems to be borked.

Fixed: I was able to resolve the issue by reinstalling an older version of the Midi Fighter Utility and re-updating the mf3d's firmware. Re-installed the new beta Midi Fighter Utility and everything's copacetic!
    Last edited by schmerg; 07-12-2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Problem Fixed

Tech Wizard

maybe i'm crazy, but compared with the standard orientation of the 4 bank buttons at the top, i can see more value using the remix decks with the mf3d turned 90degrees so the 4 bank buttons are on one side (used as page select buttons corresponding to the vertical layout of pages in the traktor gui) or even 180 degrees so they are at the bottom (matching the mute button positions, and within easier reach the way i hold/play the mf3d).

if i was to turn the midi fighter 90degrees or 180degrees right now, it seems that id be able to use the utility to set the bank buttons to perform the logically correct function for the particular orientation, but then all the normal buttons would be triggering sideways or upside down + backwards and it wouldn't make any sense.

can i make a feature request? that the mf3d utility includes a rotation feature, so you can pick which side you want to be "up", and have all the buttons still work how you would expect? if it was possible to edit the mapping i wouldn't be asking but because its HID this doesn't seem to be something i'd be able to do myself - i just read through the mf3d remix deck firmware manual and there was no mention of configuration options for the functions associated to the normal buttons

Tech Convert

When I switch to Midi Fighter mode, it doesn't seem to work correctly. I reloaded my mappings to make sure there were no conflicts. When I do this, Deck Focus get's switched to hardware. At that point, when in Midi Fighter mode, I can see things happening in the UI when I press buttons on the Midi Fighter 3D, however, I can't set the deck focus. I then switch Deck Focus in the prefs to software. When I do that, I can now switch deck focus on my Midi Fighter 3D, but pressing any other buttons no longer triggers any effects, etc... As a test, I went into the mapping and added a control (bottom left button) to change the layout and that worked like a charm. Weirdness. I can't wait until this tech is firing on all cylinders. So far the HID side is pure awesomeness!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    here ya go
    Awesome, thanks!

That looks very slick - much prettier than what my UI skills were able to do Great work, DJTT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by schmerg View Post
    The mf3d functionality of mine is now hosed. Everything seemed to be going swimmingly at first. I started installing the remix firmware, then Midi Fighter Utility stopped recognizing my mf3d and never came back. I fired up Traktor and I can get the remix functionality, but no standard mf3d functionality. I've tried everything I can think of so far and Midi Fighter Utility still won't recognized it and the standard mf3d functionality seems to be borked.

Fixed: I was able to resolve the issue by reinstalling an older version of the Midi Fighter Utility and re-updating the mf3d's firmware. Re-installed the new beta Midi Fighter Utility and everything's copacetic!

im having the same problem... ima try this
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Thanks for posting feedback guys, to all of you having issues please can you give me some system specific details, ie what OS you are using, what build of T2.5 you are using .. etc, the more info the better.

It seems a few people are having real issues either getting the MF3D recognized by Traktor as a remix deck controller, or just in working with the utility in general.

I have not been able to replicate these issues with any system config in our office so I really need more info to be able to get to the bottom of this!

Cheers,

Michael

Tech Mentor

macbook pro late 2010 intel duo core
    4 gb ram
    Traktor pro 2.5.0 build R13594
    Issue: Traktor won't recognize mf3d as a remix deck

Tech Convert

Everything was working fine at first, but now the arcade button (3rd row, 3rd button) activates when I press the button next to it :S. Most of the time this button stays on. Not only with the remix firmware but also in the standard firmware. I contacted support but have not received a response, most likely an hardware problem Really not happy, because I think my 15 days have passed since order!

Traktor 2.5 (R13594)
    OSX 10.6.8
    Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    The Remix deck firmware has no sleep mode, the standard firmware included with the new utility has the sleep timer set to 1 hour, and I have corrected the issue where it causes Traktor to micro loop after going into sleep mode. I will add the ability to specify a time out and disable it completely for the official release.

The button rotation and spark effect where also removed from the Remix deck firmware FYI
    are you saying that the visual effect during the button rotation was removed, or the entire feature of sending a CC while holding a button and rotating? please tell me you didn't take the feature out because i was super excited to use it with effects on the remix decks! if it was taken out can you please explain why?

thanks

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hi Yonyoh, the 15 days is just the right of return, it is still covered under warranty.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast