Midi Fighter 3D Remix Deck Firmware BETA - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Hi Yonyoh, the 15 days is just the right of return, it is still covered under warranty.
    thanks, ok. is support really busy? because I don't want to do anything before I receive an answer from them.
    Last edited by Yonyoh; 07-15-2012 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoked View Post
    OK, I have tried and tried and tried, but cannot get this to work for me. Let me explain the issue.

- Midi Fighter 3D, check
    - Downloaded new MF utility, check
    - Installed new Remix Deck firmware, check
    - Launched Traktor (version 2.5), check
    - Made sure both deck A & B were set to remix decks, check.
    - Tested the HID side button on the MF3D, bank lights dim, check.

Then, after all that, there is no "cursor" change to indicate which deck I want to assign the MF3D to. It would be nice if the PDF showed what this is supposed to look like. I'm assuming the cursor on the screen for Traktor should change, but maybe it should be some blinkering light on the MF3D. The point is, I have no idea how to make the "cursor selector thingy" show up or even what it should look like if it does show up. Currently, my traktor shows up the same as always, with no special cursor thingy anywhere. As a result, no Remixing for me

I have even gone so far as to remove the MF3D flashflooder DeckGratMotion mapping to make sure it wasn't conflicting with the HID thingy. So, I'm kinda stumped. I hope the mistake I'm making isn't too stupid!!!

Any help???

Stoked!
    I'm having the same issue on a MacBook Pro running OS X 10.7.4 with Traktor 2.5.0. Tried restarting. Tried setting all decks to remix decks, but I'm not getting the aforementioned cursor. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

running windows 7 64 bit sp1

traktor 2.5.0

i can get MF3D to be recognized only after a fresh install of the utility. after the initial set up, it wont detect anymore without uninstall and reinstall MF utility. luckily the MF3D is pretty much functional after this since the MF is flashed. also in the remix deck youtube vid , ean shows being able to control effects with motion, while using remix decks. this doesnt seem to work for me unless he is just turning on effects for one slot , then changing to midi mode real fast and using that? it seemed as tho it was part of the remix side tho on the video, can anyone confirm this?
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

I use win 7 ultimate 64 myself. Except for having to re-set the led's and change the banks mode in the utility so far so good for me.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

After some trial and error I got my Midi Fighter 3D working great with the Remix firmware and the MF3D DeckGrat mapping yesterday.

The only issue I still see is that when I flash my MF3D with the Remix firmware, after displaying Success, Midi Fighter Utility then fails to find my MF3D. The way I got around that was by holding down the top right arcade button (below the "bank" buttons) while plugging in the USB cable. I tried it a couple of times and that seems to works consistently.

To get the DeckGrat mapping working, I had to clear out my mappings, relaunch Traktor so it would see my S2 and see the MF3D as an F1 and then load the mappings, first loading the mapping I'm using for the S2 and then loading the MF3D DeckGrat mapping last. One other thing I missed is that the MF3D has to be in Four Banks Disabled Hold mode (as mentioned in the documentation of course).

After all that, everything works amazing and is well worth the time spent getting it to work.

System Specs:

27" iMac quad core i7
    8 GB RAM
    Mac OS X 10.7.4
    Last edited by schmerg; 07-16-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Added system specs.

Tech Convert

Really amazing stuff,
    Only problems I have are:
    1- having the remix firmware loaded
    Affects the F1's shift functions, and only
    when the f1 and mf3d are controlling same
    Deck. One might need the f1 to edit clips
    so I see this as a problem.

2-when firmware changes all color settings
    Are lost

Other than that, this is so so great

Tech Convert

@midifidler

Hey, so I finally got the basic functionality up and running by a series of reboots and traktor re-installs. I now have one last issue that I'm hoping someone else is experiencing.

- I can't seem to get either the "stop" functionality or the "mute" functionality to work. If you map one of the HID keys to bank stop (in the basic mapping side button already) or bank mute, I believe you should then click one of the 16 arcade buttons and it will stop or mute the track. HOWEVER, for me, whenever I hit any arcade button with a loop loaded, all it does is "relaunch" the loop. Of course, it does this based on whatever timing my quantize is set to. But, no matter what I do, I can't get bank stop or bank mute to work.

- If I set an HID button to "Stop bank 1" or "Mute bank 4", etc, the functionality works as expected. So, I guess, I'm trying to get the arcade button to work as the stop or mute, when I'm using another button to trigger bank "stop" or bank "mute".

- I've tried holding to HID mapped button and pressing the arcade button, I've tried pressing and releasing the HID mapped button, THEN hitting the arcade button, and I've tried saying "alakazam" before hitting both the HID mapped button and the arcade button.

- I am definitely in HID mode, cuz I can launch loops. I make sure to send the mapping to the midi fighter with the utility button, I'm stumped. Macbook pro 2.8 core duo, 8 gigs of ram, traktor 2.5.

Stoked!!!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by stoked View Post
    @midifidler

Hey, so I finally got the basic functionality up and running by a series of reboots and traktor re-installs. I now have one last issue that I'm hoping someone else is experiencing.

- I can't seem to get either the "stop" functionality or the "mute" functionality to work. If you map one of the HID keys to bank stop (in the basic mapping side button already) or bank mute, I believe you should then click one of the 16 arcade buttons and it will stop or mute the track. HOWEVER, for me, whenever I hit any arcade button with a loop loaded, all it does is "relaunch" the loop. Of course, it does this based on whatever timing my quantize is set to. But, no matter what I do, I can't get bank stop or bank mute to work.

- If I set an HID button to "Stop bank 1" or "Mute bank 4", etc, the functionality works as expected. So, I guess, I'm trying to get the arcade button to work as the stop or mute, when I'm using another button to trigger bank "stop" or bank "mute".

- I've tried holding to HID mapped button and pressing the arcade button, I've tried pressing and releasing the HID mapped button, THEN hitting the arcade button, and I've tried saying "alakazam" before hitting both the HID mapped button and the arcade button.

- I am definitely in HID mode, cuz I can launch loops. I make sure to send the mapping to the midi fighter with the utility button, I'm stumped. Macbook pro 2.8 core duo, 8 gigs of ram, traktor 2.5.

Stoked!!!
    Hey Stoked, how did you deal with the previous issue about "no cursor thingies"?
    I am in the same boat with your previous problem and cann't fine a solution yet.
    Thanks in advance man.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey Stoked,

Glad to hear you got it working eventually!

The way "Bank Stop" and "Bank Pause" work is that when you hold the Bank X button you then push the bank button (small rectangular buttons) of the Slot you want to Pause or Stop.

These commands are obviously really intended to be mapped to the side buttons.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

@Tput

1) Sorry but there is no way around the display conflict when using an F1 and MF3D on the same remix deck. If you assign 2 F1s to the same remix deck you get the same issue.

2) In future you can use the File>Import/Export Settings function to back up the colors and settings when change from one firmware to another.

@Mrjezza

Both the display and MIDI functionality of the button rotation.

We had to remove this functionality to allow enough space in the memory for all the HID functionality, once we finalize the firmware I may try and write a more efficient routine for this but all the motion tracking uses a lot of code space so it will be difficult to achieve.

@Schmerg

Glad to here you have got it working as well, can you please post you system specs for reference?

@Yonyoh

Sorry it appears our ticketing system has been having some issues, I believe your ticket should have been responded to now.

@Deejaesnafu

You can use the utility to enable each of the 4 types of MIDI (Arcade, Bank, Side, & Motion) while in HID mode. These settings are under HID Functions>HID Mode. Eans mapping has all MIDI enabled while in HID mode, he then uses modifiers to track three modes (HID Only, HID with FX, FX only), the modifiers enable and disable certain functions based on which mode the mapping is currently in.

There is also a note out which you can use to track which mode the device is currently in. I'm going t finish the documentation later this week and will include all the advanced MIDI messages I added for Eans mapping, including how to add the level animations to your own mappings.

@Everybody else still having issues with a) Traktor not seeing the device as an F1, and b) The utility not recognizing your MF after update.

Sorry this is not working for you, I am still trying to reproduce these problems, until then I don't have any way of solving them. Please post any information about you particular issue, system (especially OS version), and anything you find helps.
    Last edited by midifidler; 07-16-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast