Midi Fighter 3D Remix Deck Firmware BETA - Page 9
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey Basseek,

1) Bank Stop - To use this you need to hold the side button you have bank stop mapped to, then push the bank button corresponding to the slot you want to stop.

2) Check under motion settings and make sure that the X axis is not enabled under the combined tilt CC setting.

Tech Student

thanks heaps for that the bank stop works fine my bad and it fixed the problem with motion when in midi mode but not HID. Also im not getting a colour out display when in HID sorry to keep bugging you with all these questions. One last 1, I have a s4 and now that my effect controls are redundant on it, is there anyway they could be mapped for filter/ gain knobs for the remix deck, that would be off the hook

Hi Basseek,

Ok the problem you have in HID mode is that in HID mode by default all midi is disabled, you can enable the motion MIDI again under the (poorly named) options group HID Functions>HID Mode>Send Motion MIDI

Im not sure what you mean about the color out display, are you not seeing the clip colors in HID mode?

And yes you can map all the unused knobs on your s4 as filter knobs !

Midi Fighter Pro / Classic update?

Alternately, are the microcontrollers and pinouts the same? Could we just flash the same firmware and forgo the features tied to other buttons?

Tech Student

thanks that did fix it, I know what's going on I thought the way Ean's mapping, that he shows in the video is how the remix deck came but that's all his personal settings aren't they? Feeling a little bit of a noob at the moment sorry to both you with all the extra questions

@basseek

Yes some of the aspects of how his mapping work are dependent on his own settings and not part of the default behavior, if you have a look through the mapping file you should be able to replicate them your self.

@mikeonsixtrings

Unfortunately even though Ean did say we would add Remix functionality to the Pro and Classic it proved to be technically impossible as the Pro & Classic use a much more limited controller than the MF 3D. Sorry to let you down

Can DJTT release the source for the Midi Fighter 3D firmware? I bet there's a way to compress the data.

Alternately I'll disassemble it, but releasing the source would be much easier.

@Mikeonsixstrings

Currently DJTT has no plan to open source the 3D firmware - this may change in the future as personally I prefer it that way.

However Im not sure what you are asking for here - you want to "Compress" the 3D firmware to make it work on the micro controller used in the classic/pro?

The AT90USB162 used in the classic & pro has 16K of Flash, the ATMEGA32U4 used in the MF3D has 32K of flash, if I recall correctly the last build was at 86% of the total memory, 12.5% is used by the bootloader, leaving 1.5% free.

Furthermore - and this is the real reason why the Classic and Pro cannot have HID support added, the AT90USB162 only has two data endpoints in its USB controller, making it impossible to use both USB Audio MIDI and HID interfaces at the same time.

The source code for the MF Classic is available online, you could always re-write this to be an HID only device, I'm always happy to help with answers

There are a couple of options in that case.

You could set the Midi Fighter to only be a HID device and forego more advanced mappings. This should reduce the size of the firmware. Alternately you could set some button combo to switch between the two, although I imagine that this would have some lag because the computer would have to re-recognize the hardware.

I'm not sure what's taking up the majority of space in the MF3D firmware, but it may be possible to either write it more efficiently or write some kind of compression algorithms. I'm assuming it's written in C; some clever assembly libraries might help reduce the size. It's hard to say exactly where the compression could be most useful without looking at the source code, but it should be possible. You could imagine some short routine and bit of data that could perform the same actions as the existing code but take up fewer bytes.

I know the source code for the MF Classic is available, but I figured it would be easier to trim and re-factor the code for the MF3D. I'd be willing to sign/agree to an NDA and give the firmware to you guys to distribute if you would give me the source.

Hi all, iīve got in my hands that new midi fighter 3D that i buyed this week and i have some troubles using remix decks with traktor 2.5.

iīve loaded remix deck firmware but think that have to load a .tsi into traktor, isnīt it?

if not, what could be the problem?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast