DJ logo or professional photographs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DJ logo or professional photographs?

As you can see in my avatar, there is a wonderfully designed DJ logo that took me a gruelling 2 minutes in microsoft paint

More seriously though, this is just a temporary measure until I get something more professional sorted out, I figured even a basic logo is better for soundcloud etc than no picture at all. The question I want to ask though is probably subjective, but I would like some input anyway:

What, in you opinion, looks better: a logo with your DJ name or a professionally taken photogrpah?

I don't DJ in any clubs at the moment, else I'd just use a photo from a gig. I was leaning more towards a logo as it would be more identifiable and you could also use it for posters
    | Pioneer CDJ 800 | Korg KM202 | Citronic MPCD-S3 |

Soundcloud|Twitter|Mixcloud

I would say photographs. A logo is good in the sense that brand recognition is huge, but you are a DJ, face recognition (imo) is better. You get behind the decks, and people see your face.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Both are good. But there are plenty of DJs with no logos and plenty of gigs such as Sasha and Digweed.

Tech Guru

Seems like overkill. DJ's don't need logos in my opinion. They make a name for themselves and thats what is recognised at the end of the day.
    Some of the top DJ's have them but I can't see why most would need one.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Logos are a plus but pro pics will make promoters take you more seriously and it's a requirement for some labels (if you get into the production game)

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Logos are a plus but pro pics will make promoters take you more seriously and it's a requirement for some labels (if you get into the production game)
    +1000

Photos mate for sure
    SC | MC

OK thanks everyone. Will any professional photographer be good? The only reason I'm saying that is because when you search for 'professional photographer liverpool' in google it comes up with pages of photographer's websites; as someone who doesn't know much about photography I don't want to get shafted. Anyone from Liverpool or Merseyside have any experience?
    | Pioneer CDJ 800 | Korg KM202 | Citronic MPCD-S3 |

Soundcloud|Twitter|Mixcloud

Get photos! Post up on facebook asking for recommendations, or talk to other DJs in your area that have them. Or if you have a local arts college you could check there, they usually have that stuff listed, and it would also be at a discounted price most likely.

have someone with a digital camera take a couple random snap shots of you doing you thing is u dont look natural in your pics they wont be near as impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Grifff View Post
    OK thanks everyone. Will any professional photographer be good? The only reason I'm saying that is because when you search for 'professional photographer liverpool' in google it comes up with pages of photographer's websites; as someone who doesn't know much about photography I don't want to get shafted. Anyone from Liverpool or Merseyside have any experience?
    No, not any. And just like DJ'ing you could end up paying a lot of money for a hack. Around here even the cheapest professional would cost between $200-$300 a session.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwonka27 View Post
    have someone with a digital camera take a couple random snap shots of you doing you thing is u dont look natural in your pics they wont be near as impressive
    I would suggest this. Do you know someone that has a good camera or is an amateur photographer? I actually spent $500 on my own camera to do this kind of stuff and got a mirrorless advanced system camera like this: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/NEXC3/ZUR34.JPG

It's supposed to have the ease of use and functionality of a point and shoot, but with much better picture quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast