Using Remix Decks Less Do I Need F1

Default Using Remix Decks Less Do I Need F1

I find that I am using the remix decks less with the new remix upgrade. I don't have a controller. I only have my Denon 1600 mapped but I find navigating the remix decks difficult. Do I need an F1 to take advantage of the new capabilities or a better mapping for the 1600?

You already know the answer to this question considering that at the moment in time the f1 is the only controller that gives you anything better than very basic control of the remix decks.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    You already know the answer to this question considering that at the moment in time the f1 is the only controller that gives you anything better than very basic control of the remix decks.
    Not the ONLY controller
    Facebook : Soundcloud : Beatport DJ : Twitter DJ
    My Show: Sunday Nights 00:00 - 02:00 GMT (7pm -9pm EST) on Fokus FM Radio
    My Setup

I haven't used remix decks in a set yet but I've used them enough that I cannot comprehend how you'd make good use of them w/o a controller that has a 4x4 grid of good sized pads and an easy way to change pages (everything else you could probably live w/o if you had to). There's no way you're going to get a good mapping using the X1600. Now whether you'd use them even if you had an F1 is a question only you can answer.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You can still map the first row of samples in the way they worked before. If you want seamless integration with the whole remix deck, the F1 is the only option atm. There are a few hacks laying around and people working on it but it's not the same (yet).

So the Ipad doesn't work well for the remix decks? I keep hearing different things
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

As someone who loves tweaking, mapping the shit out of stuff and generally gives the finger to this kind of attitude from developers, the F1 is still better at the job. I helped Rainer test a few things with his Lemur template, it covers a lot but it's not the same.