Akai APC40 MIDI Layout - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

you cannot change what midi note number and CC numbers the APC40 is assigned to.

Tech Guru

I know the notes and CC's the unit sends aren't programmable, what I'm suggesting is to use a pipe to change the midi channel the APC40 is transmitting on, so there's no interference with the VCI's commands.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

I'm pretty sure you can use a MIDI translator program like Bomes to assign a different output for the APC40. I intend to do so and also check how the APC's functionality in Ableton Live changes by doing so. I'm hoping I can use some buttons on the APC to control things in Traktor and others to control things in Live at the same time.

I'm meaning to get to that within the next couple of weeks. I just ordered a new computer, reformatted my old one, and am waiting to install my music software.

Just to update how I'm working with my APC40, I am using MIDI Patchbay (for Mac) to transmit all MIDI coming from the APC40 channel 1 to channel 10 in a Traktor Virtual Input. Then all the output MIDI from Traktor Virtual Output gets transfered from channel 10 to channel 1 on the APC40.

Works simple, great, and now I can use the APC40 in conjunction with the VCI-100 without any glitches.

Love all the hard work you all are doing.

I'm thinking I really, really want one of these Akai controllers for Traktor Pro. Can any of you tell me if I can set the top right section of knobs to have 4 pages like it does for Ableton (with the pans and sends acting like 48 knobs instead of 12) This would really influence my decision to buy. Have any of you mapped it out in such a fashion?

Thanks
    Mid '09 15" MacbookPRO - Traktor Pro - Audio4 DJ - XsesseionPRO - Akai APC40.

You can use the modifier function in the MIDI mapping section of TPro to set up four states for the knobs (maybe access the different states by pressing the four small buttons directly below). This is done through software and not through the APC40.

But don't forget, the lower set of knobs and buttons essentially gives you 9 banks.

8 knobs + 8 buttons x 9 = 72 knobs + 72 buttons

Ridiculous. This section is controlled through the APC40.

(BTW, each row of knobs has 4, not 6...so your comment of "48 knobs instead of 12" should read 32 knobs instead of 8)
    Last edited by misa; 07-21-2009 at 12:25 PM.

Thank you so much. I've only just gotten "serious" and decided to stick some real effort into this hobby (Mostly because of what I see NI has done with TraktorPRO). I've been a thread checker for quite some time and I hope to be a contributor (not just an inquisitor) soon.
    Thanks again.
    Mid '09 15" MacbookPRO - Traktor Pro - Audio4 DJ - XsesseionPRO - Akai APC40.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by misa View Post
    Just to update how I'm working with my APC40, I am using MIDI Patchbay (for Mac) to transmit all MIDI coming from the APC40 channel 1 to channel 10 in a Traktor Virtual Input. Then all the output MIDI from Traktor Virtual Output gets transfered from channel 10 to channel 1 on the APC40.

Works simple, great, and now I can use the APC40 in conjunction with the VCI-100 without any glitches.
    does any software like MIDI Patchbay for windows 7

You actually do not need to go through this process with the TPro 1.2 update. You can now assign a particular controller to a particular MIDI Mapping, so you no longer run into the conflict of two controllers using the same MIDI channel.

Tech Student

thx
    so now i can order apc40

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast