Audio 2 DJ + Traktor 2 2v5 + new MBP 10.7.4 = fail.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Audio 2 DJ + Traktor 2 2v5 + new MBP 10.7.4 = fail.

Hi guys,

Im going mental. Ive been trying for about 8 hours to get my NI A2D and macbook to like each other, but it's been going nowhere.

So: I downloaded the latest driver of the NI site, MBP does recognise A2D (both in Finder as well as in Traktor), but the sound it puts through to my speakers is the worst white noise/crushing sound ive ever heard. Skrillex can learn from it. Songs get recognisable when i change the sample rate to 88200 Hz, all other frequencies result in the crushnoise. NI USB Audio interface tells me its driver version 2.4.23, lots of USB streaming errors, firmware revision 2. Card works fine on Windows Vista, so its not broken.

What oh what could it be?

Tech Convert

recognisable means i can make out what song it is, but its all chopped up, sort of like a very strong slicer effect.

the problem you're experiencing is this: your audio 2 DJ is not compatible with USB 3.0 ports, which are what is on the new macbook pros & airs. There is, unfortunately, no way for you to get this to work. Your audio 2 will work on the last generations of macbooks but as the new generation is using USB 3.0 ports exclusively, you're out of luck.

sorry man

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Cake View Post
    the problem you're experiencing is this: your audio 2 DJ is not compatible with USB 3.0 ports, which are what is on the new macbook pros & airs. There is, unfortunately, no way for you to get this to work. Your audio 2 will work on the last generations of macbooks but as the new generation is using USB 3.0 ports exclusively, you're out of luck.

sorry man
    Thanks, but f.u.c.k.. No way of tricking the system by getting a USBhub for in between?
    And do you recon I could wait for NI to update their drivers or is this really a hardware issue (=> i have to buy a new soundcard?)
    Last edited by Rockbox.; 07-11-2012 at 03:45 PM.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Cake View Post
    There is, unfortunately, no way for you to get this to work. Your audio 2 will work on the last generations of macbooks but as the new generation is using USB 3.0 ports exclusively, you're out of luck.
    That isn't entirely true
    http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...&postcount=139

No dice, tried it myself with both regular & powered USB hubs.

I called NI and they said it has to do with the chips in the sound cards -- there are different chips in different ones.

People are saying that the audio 6 and 10 both work on USB 3, while the audio 2, 4, and 8 do not work -- this is consistent with the fact that NI switched chip companies for the 6 and the 10.

the 6 you can get for $230, but I myself haven't been able to get my hands on one to test, although other people say that it's working.

Tech Convert

So you guys think this could help me out, even though i have an audio 2?

(im a total beginner with mac)

Try the link i posted

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Try the link i posted
    Works like a charm. You, sirs, made my day.

Thank you!

Glad you got it working mate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast