Ableton from Laptop to Desktop.
    Tech Mentor

Default Ableton from Laptop to Desktop.

Yo yo,
    We've been producing on a Macbrook Pro for sometime now. Our sets have been reaching 100 tracks with fx chains and the sets have stopped playing and started skipping. We are considering buying a desktop mac. If i bring my laptop to the apple store, can they convert everything?

Ableton, VST's ( Nexus, Waves especially because they require authorization ).

Please advise.
    Also need the sets from the computer with everything intact.
    Thanks guys,
    Jed

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jedkleb View Post
    Yo yo,
    We've been producing on a Macbook Pro for sometime now. Our sets have been reaching 100 tracks with fx chains and the sets have stopped playing and started skipping. We are considering buying a desktop mac. If i bring my laptop to the apple store, can they convert everything?

Ableton, VST's ( Nexus, Waves especially because they require authorization ).

Please advise.
    Also need the sets from the computer with everything intact.
    Thanks guys,
    Jed
    They possibly could, however I'm not so sure because with the majority of licensed VST's, they are registered to the machine...so you might need to contact them and tell them that you're switching computers. With Ableton, I know that you can register one copy of it on two computers. ( http://www.ableton.com/pages/faq/license#faq_1_link )
    When transferring the live sets after all the VST's and what not are on the other computer, you can go under File - Collect All and Save, and from there you can transfer the project with songs and what not intact.
    15" Macbook Pro (2.0 GHz Core i7, 16 GB) Mac OS X 10.7 Ableton Suite 9. iPad (Liine Lemur).