MB Air Vs MB Pro 13" for machine and rekordbox
    Tech Mentor

Default MB Air Vs MB Pro 13" for machine and rekordbox

So I was thinking of buying another laptop in my set up, to take some load off of my 2010 mbp 15".
    It will be used primarily for two things:

1)Running machine software, synced with the other laptop (running traktor), to create instant loops with the step sequencer.

2)Running rekorbox connected via ethernet with cdj's in order to utilise the bigger screen which makes track search easier.

P.S. do you think the 11" macbook air is capable of doing both of the above? (trying to minimise backpack size)

Thank you in advance.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

Quote Originally Posted by Philippro View Post
    P.S. do you think the 11" macbook air is capable of doing both of the above? (trying to minimise backpack size)
    The 2011 one isn't I think, as it only has 2GB ram which may be not enough. The new 11" ones have 4GB ram, and I guess they might be able to do so.

But I never worked with Rekordbox and a Maschine, so rely on my advice.
    Gear: late 2011 13" i7 256GB Macbook Air, Numark NS7, 2x Technics SL-1200MK2, Dateq XTC, 2x M-Audio CX8
    Check my Souncloud for livesets: http://soundcloud.com/dj-subliminal

Tech Mentor

My fault, when stating the 11" I mean the current model.
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

Maschine in standalone runs perfectly fine on my stock 1st gen MBP, so I don't think you're going to have any issues no matter what you choose. Also keep in mind you're going to need a TB-Ethernet adapter for linking in Rekordbox. Honestly though, the bigger browsing screen isnt worth splitting your laptop workflow or bringing a laptop just for it.