The constant stream of spammers- maybe add a captcha for registration?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The constant stream of spammers- maybe add a captcha for registration?

I feel like I report at least 1-2 a day that look like bots that just copy and paste bits from a thread and add those .gif links. I just checked and there is no captchas or anything to prove you are human to register- seems simple enough to add right?

+1

i too report 1-2 each day.. i think compared to other forums it's ok, but a captcha at the registration would be quite simple to implement..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

+1. Then i could sleep more
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Update: This issue is under discussion in the batcave. Most likely we will be adding a captcha type registration system.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Keeeeeeeep deeeemmmmm awwwwwaaaaayyyyyyy keeeeeep deeeemmmmm spammers awwwwwaaaayyyyyyy
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Ironically the previous two posts were spam. Luckily, jojo and myself double tapped them

There's plenty of captcha libaries to break existing captcha systems.

Instead, do what I did over at the proton forum long time ago when we were flooded with spammers. I just added a simple additional question as part of registration such as: What is 2 + 2. That stopped the auto-registration. Won't stop hired guns as spammers, active moderation is the only way to get rid of those.

You are assuming that most tech tools members can count past 3 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    You are assuming that most tech tools members can count past 3 lol
    Yep. Or if nothing else, type this word backwards: cat. That's what I did over at the Proton forums. I've seen actually forums where to enter it, let's say a classic vinyl forum, you have to answer a question such as What Beatles LP has Paperback Writer? It's a trick question as it was released on a single between Rubber Soul and Revolver so the answer check requires moderation but I was impressed by such a qualifier.

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    I've seen actually forums where to enter it, let's say a classic vinyl forum, you have to answer a question such as What Beatles LP has Paperback Writer? It's a trick question as it was released on a single between Rubber Soul and Revolver so the answer check requires moderation but I was impressed by such a qualifier.
    Insanity!
    nope.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast