Scratching ID
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scratching ID

Default Scratching ID

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you scratch DJs could Help me out...
    What scratch combo/combos are going on in this video? Hopefully someone can help me out here because I'd like to learn it.

I assume it's extremely simple, but I just can't get it lol.
    Last edited by DJKyleHughes; 07-13-2012 at 03:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SB View Post
    Thank you! Gotta love DJ Angelo haha
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

That guy is not really doing tears, or flares... Just babies cutting the beginning and end of the Ahhh sound.

You're much better of ignoring that vid, and watching DJ Angelo's tutes on youtube. Better yet, buy his Turntable Training Tool.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    That guy is not really doing tears, or flares... Just babies cutting the beginning and end of the Ahhh sound.

You're much better of ignoring that vid, and watching DJ Angelo's tutes on youtube. Better yet, buy his Turntable Training Tool.
    I've learned a few things from Angelo, But I'm not great at putting together combos. I just found this video and Thought i'd try to learn it.

One of the easiest combos to learn, is babies, stabs and scribbles. Not sure how easy they are to do on little jog wheels, though...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Yeah my mistake - didn't pay attention to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    One of the easiest combos to learn, is babies, stabs and scribbles. Not sure how easy they are to do on little jog wheels, though...
    I'll look into it, because I've recently learned stabs and scribbles. But do you think you could explain the pattern in the video a bit more? (i.e. it's Baby, tear, baby, flare)

Because I'm still kind of confused.

It's basically all babies. He's just freestyling. I bet even HE couldn't tell you what pattern he's doing.

I think he *accidentally* got a couple of chirps in there somewhere. Most of the time he puts in cuts at the end or the beginning of a sound, when it really doesn't actually do much.

Seriously - Angelo is your man. Those videos would have saved me YEARS of trial and error!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast