Torq Connectiv as a soundcard
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Default Torq Connectiv as a soundcard

I can't find too much info on latency and sound quality factors. I'll be using it in Live BTW. Theres a full pack going brand spanking new close to me with Control Vinyl's & CDs + torq 2 for under $150 which seems pretty damn good.

Yes I know I could go for an Audio2 for about the same price, but the inputs on the connectiv would give me the option of an external effects loop at a later stage.

Thoughts ..... anyone?

Its a very cheaply made soundcard. It feels like its made out of very thin crappy plastic. I would try and get something better, blus Torq sucks...

Tech Mentor

I got mines for $60usd shipped do a quick google search

Well the casing of the card might suck - but what about the innards (what counts) ?

While I won't be using Torq, its actually a bloody good piece of software - in many ways sucks ALOT less than Traktor (VST Support /Midi mapping).

BTW on shipping an Item here you'll most likely get hit with a huge customs bill up to 100% import duty on both the item AND shipping cost, so an Audio2 might cost $90+$10 shipping + import duty could be $200 and thats IF it even gets here.

Sucks I know - but kinda restricted to whatever is available local, which will be more expensive new anyhow by a 30-50% margin, or S/H
    Last edited by deevey; 07-13-2012 at 04:24 PM.

cheap, quiet, distorted when pushed and the worse thing is it has a high signal to noise ratio meaning there is noticeable static at low volume. The audio 2 is a much better soundcard, but it's not hard considering how bad the connectiv is.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    cheap, quiet, distorted when pushed and the worse thing is it has a high signal to noise ratio meaning there is noticeable static at low volume.
    Perfect - thats all I needed to know cheers.