Considering purchasing a MF Pro: 2 questions
    Tech Wizard

Default Considering purchasing a MF Pro: 2 questions

Hello guys,

I'm thinking of purchasing a Midi Fighter Pro but I have a few questions I'd like to resolve before I make the decision-

1. Are the faders CC# range 0-127?

2. The Midi Fighter Pro has 4 banks, for each bank do the faders and knobs get new CC#'s

Edited: One more question LOL

3. Do the knobs have some sort of 'notch' or 'groove' that gives a tactile feel for when the knob is in the center position?

Thanks guys
    Last edited by Upright; 07-13-2012 at 10:21 PM.

1. if i recall right, yes, but as they are superfaders/knobs, they sent some more stuff, before 0 there is a note, then cc 0-64 its as normal then @ 65-127 and a second 0-127 and in the end there is a note
    2. not on my mfsuperknob, but the firmware should be the same on all mf pros
    3. nope
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by other1 View Post
    1. if i recall right, yes, but as they are superfaders/knobs, they sent some more stuff, before 0 there is a note, then cc 0-64 its as normal then @ 65-127 and a second 0-127 and in the end there is a note
    Ok great. So are you saying that when the fader is at the left and right positions it sends addition midi note information aside from the 0-127?

Thank you for the response

1. Each fader sends several different messages, and yes, there is one that goes from 0-127, I forget exactly which one it is. See this thread and check out the layout of the MF Pro. You'll get an idea of how the super faders work and the CCs they send.
    2. No. Only the arcade buttons have 4 banks.
    3. Yes, at least there is on my Beat Masher. I am not sure why other1's SuperKnob wouldn't use the same pot for the knob.
    MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Core i7 :: Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.10.5
    Traktor Pro 2.9 :: Launchpad :: MIDI Fighter Pro Beatmasher/3D

Tech Wizard

THanks for the information