Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default SC3900 problems HELP! gig tomorrow!!!!

So got the Denon SC3900's in today. I'm REALLY confused. I downloaded the tai file, and some of the midi controls work, but can get the play button to work, and can't get the platter to move. Do I need Traktor Scratch Pro? Do I need a sound card? What do I need? Need to get these set up for a gig tomorrow night, and I'm a little worried. specs about my stuff.

Gear:
    Mac Book Pro.
    Novation Twitch.
    Bcd300 (which I'm using as the sound card pretty much it)
    Kontol X1.
    2 SC3900's.

HELLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

If you wanna use traktor with spinning platters, you need traktor scratch pro and a certified traktor soundcard or mixer, no spinning platters you can use the soundcard in the denon sc 3900 and probably the tsi for the denon sc 2900 controller.

Think your best option is to go to the denon dj forums to find more out, i don't have the 3900's so this is all the info i can give you.

The setup picture provided by dontjen is for engine software, the software denon provided with your players. it's not a traktor setup.

Good luck.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

kontrol s4, 2x cdj 2000 nexus, DJM 900 nexus, xone db4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 8

Quote Originally Posted by lilmo2100 View Post
    Do I need Traktor Scratch Pro?
    Yes if you want to control Traktor with timecode (and with a spinning platter)

Do I need a sound card?
    For timecode control - yes (Audio 4, 6, 8, 10)

What do I need? Need to get these set up for a gig tomorrow night, and I'm a little worried. specs about my stuff.

Gear:
    Mac Book Pro.
    Novation Twitch.
    Bcd300 (which I'm using as the sound card pretty much it)
    Kontol X1.
    2 SC3900's.

HELLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!
    no offence, but you really shouldn't gig with equipment you got 1 day before....take your time to set it up properly and you will feel more confident @gigs and sound better cheers

PS you can also use your SC3900's as MIDI controllers (no spinning platter) with just Traktor Pro simply by sellecting the SC2900 in the Traktor menu.
    I recommend you go to denondj forums for setting up

Tech Wizard

I got it to work last night. I finally went ahead a did a down grade and did a bootleg version to get it to work.

So what I did was I used the BCD inputs as live input for the rca cable for the timecode. I worked. But the SC3900's don't seem to be very reliable, idk why just seem kinda.......like they'll give out on you and mess up your set at anytime. I'm not using them to gig today, cause I don't feel comfortable.

So now only question is what really was the problem? The RCA's going to the BCD3000 worked. Then the traktor scratch pro bootleg worked. (I bootlegged it because I wanted to just test it before I got it if I had to.) But still what really was the problem?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

But the SC3900's don't seem to be very reliable, idk why just seem kinda.......like they'll give out on you and mess up your set at anytime. I'm not using them to gig today, cause I don't feel comfortable.
    I could be wrong but pretty sure you need an Audio 4/6/8/10 for timecode to work correctly,.

I can't imagine the Cheapy Behringer Soundcard/controller being up to scratch for timecode to be in anyway stable (Too much Background Noise to be accurate) and of course the bootlegged software will not be stable either as you are using it in a way for which its not designed

So now only question is what really was the problem?
    If you don't use the correct software/gear (from either manufacturer) your setup won't work as designed and will not be reliable.

Tech Wizard

Yea I know it wouldn't work well. And doesn't really seem like it is. I saw someone on the denon forums write about getting it working I'll prolly contact him. I'm gonna go to guitar center in a while see what I could do. Might invest in the a6 soon. I ditching the bootleg tonight for the gig and run pro 2.5 like I have been. The BCD does hold up believe it or not. I haven't had any cut puts or anything. But slowly and surely I'm trying to rid it from my setup.

Piracy is bad, yo.

Why are you using a messed up pirated traktor setup rather then just using the media players with a USB stick and/or engine? You'd have a much smaller headache.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!
    My latest Mix! - Oldschool Jungle, March '13!
    My DJ Setup! - Check out my toys!

Tech Wizard

Just wanted to try see if it's work before I went and actually bought it. Which I have purchased the A8 comes with traktor scratch pro 2.

Tech Guru

Have you tried running the 3900's in Midi mode?

With hybrid mode you need the scratch license + NI audio card.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast