Akai mpk mini knob mod solution!!
    Tech Wizard

Default Akai mpk mini knob mod solution!!

Hey guys recently i have found the solution for the little ass knobs on the mpk mini. I have done it to my own and i have pictures with the DJTT chroma knobs on the mpk mini as a replacement of those micro knobs that come with it.
    If you would like instructions or a tutorial video of how to DIY please respond to this post.

Yours truly Dirty Sanchez

I have a question, is the picture a reflection? What the hell are your knobs doing on the side in the first place?
    My Mule = Sony Vaio 2.80/3.50GHz)i7 W/solidstate Drive + 8 Gigs Ram. Win7. The Studio = Custome built tower + Samsung 32" LED walmout monitor Ableton8 Suite+Max,Isotonik,OCTPAD NativeKontrol Apc-CL1, APC-40,Launchpad,Maschine,NanoKontrol2,MPK49,LPD8,MPK Mini,,Reason4,Vestax Pmc25 2CDJ 1000mk2

Tech Wizard

photobooth flips the picture all the time idk why but what do you mean on the side?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch212 View Post
    photobooth flips the picture all the time idk why but what do you mean on the side?
    The picture show the knobs to be on the left side on your controler after a second look the writing is backwards so i'm asuming the picture is just flipped. The picture just caught me off guard, thats all.
    My Mule = Sony Vaio 2.80/3.50GHz)i7 W/solidstate Drive + 8 Gigs Ram. Win7. The Studio = Custome built tower + Samsung 32" LED walmout monitor Ableton8 Suite+Max,Isotonik,OCTPAD NativeKontrol Apc-CL1, APC-40,Launchpad,Maschine,NanoKontrol2,MPK49,LPD8,MPK Mini,,Reason4,Vestax Pmc25 2CDJ 1000mk2

Tech Mentor

Well I used the S2 knobs that I had left over from switching to chroma caps. They still need a little piece of tape inside to get a better grip. I've used the mpk mini in every gig and holds up pretty well....check it out on this instagram url...
    http://instagr.am/p/HcoGoHhI0k/
    Macbook Pro 15' - Kontrol S4 - MF Pro Beatmasher - NI Maschine- Korg Nano Kontrol - Akai MPK Mini- Champagne Bottles

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by aGhost View Post
    Well I used the S2 knobs that I had left over from switching to chroma caps. They still need a little piece of tape inside to get a better grip. I've used the mpk mini in every gig and holds up pretty well....check it out on this instagram url...
    http://instagr.am/p/HcoGoHhI0k/

yea exactly did the same thing they are great i dont need any tape i find it locked in pretty solidly so im happy about that

Default Please Help with MPK MINI knob installation...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch212 View Post
    Hey guys recently i have found the solution for the little ass knobs on the mpk mini. I have done it to my own and i have pictures with the DJTT chroma knobs on the mpk mini as a replacement of those micro knobs that come with it.
    If you would like instructions or a tutorial video of how to DIY please respond to this post.

Yours truly Dirty Sanchez
    I just got eight knobs and they won't stay on. Can you help me out?

Default Help!

Does this DIY work for the chroma caps of the standard knobs of the s2?