Should I wait before upgrading to traktor pro 1.2 ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should I wait before upgrading to traktor pro 1.2 ?

Hi,

I browsed lots of forums and topics here and there,

and I see that lots of people are NOT really happy with TPRO since there are still lots of bugs...

I have traktor 3 LE with my vci 100, and it's OK for now (ok to learn basic DJing) but I want to make my own midi assignations, be able to store cue points for each mp3, and to set the fader to 8% so as to get a more precise pitch tweaking... things that LE doesn't allow.

I read that TPRO 1.2 update will be released this summer.

should I wait for this update before upgrading, or is it fine to use T pro 1.1.x for now?

I don't have any work made on files in t3, so the problems to use T3 playlists and collection in TPRO don't bother me, I'll start a fresh new collection. in this case, is the id3 tag v2.4 vs 2.3 vs iTunes still a real problem (I like using iTunes to manage my files and tags, and create playlists...)

any opinions?

cheeers
    Last edited by monstrejumo; 06-05-2009 at 08:00 AM.
    Myspace / Soundcloud

Macbook, Ultralite, MPC2500SE, Ableton Live 7, VCI 100SE FW1.4, Traktor PRO 1.2.7, Korg PadKontrol(+farmpad), Faderfox LV2, DSI Tetra & stuff.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Well, you can still interface iTunes directly with Traktor Pro, so that will alleviate your problem there for the time being.

I'd say get 1.1.2 (hasn't been very buggy) and then wait a few weeks for 1.2 to come out so they can release the inevitable 1.2.1 to clean up the bugs from 1.2.

It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Thanks for the quick answer.

is there no bug with the id3 tags between itunes and Tpro? I read all sort of things about how buggy it was, i.e, Tpro re-writing the tags in v2.4, and iTunes not updating the infos and so loosing the original tags, since iTunes didn't manage 2.4 really good, and needed to use 2.3 tags, some people saying to make the track folder "non writeable" to avoid unwanted changes...

so far for the buggy bpm detection, key lock function, "time-bomb bug" (tpro crashing after some times djing), and so on...

??

ARE YOU PEOPLE USING TPRO 1,1 WITH PLEASURE AND SAFETY DURING GIGS?

cheers
    Myspace / Soundcloud

Macbook, Ultralite, MPC2500SE, Ableton Live 7, VCI 100SE FW1.4, Traktor PRO 1.2.7, Korg PadKontrol(+farmpad), Faderfox LV2, DSI Tetra & stuff.

The buggy BPM detection really is that it's reading the tempo's at half, usually. I'd say just change the BPM range and you should be okay.

Key lock has never given me up a problem, up to +/- 20%, and I haven't really gone further.

Time-bomb, well, I can't say much to that. There are a lot of factors involved, I'm guessing, but I haven't used TPro for long periods yet. I'm sure I will soon.

The id3 thing is fucking annoying. But I don't really think it's something you can blame on TPro as much as iTunes having a shitty time dealing with tags. But you do have the ability to use your iTunes collection IN TPro, playlists and all. So that kind of removes that problem on the short term.

There are always bugs, but all in all I think it's a solid program. The new functionality, once they get it working, of 1.2 can prove to be really good, especially combined with FW 1.4
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Thanks again,

The id3 thing is fucking annoying. But I don't really think it's something you can blame on TPro as much as iTunes having a shitty time dealing with tags. But you do have the ability to use your iTunes collection IN TPro, playlists and all. So that kind of removes that problem on the short term.
    I like using my itunes organisation in traktor, but what scares me is that Tpro seems to be obliged to CHANGE id tags to v2.4 when it analyses files... isn't it? so when files are changed, if I want to modify it in iTunes, changes won't be saved since I have to change id version back to 2.3 again so as iTunes saves the mods...

anyway, I guess I'll be ok with that, just have to save the tracks folder on different places...

OK, I'm ready for TPRO. (I was about to purchase a second hand T3 licence, but there are some options in tpro that I want, i,e, midi slave sync, midi modifiers, loop and cue facilities...)

feedback soon

cheers
    Myspace / Soundcloud

Good choice.

Let us know
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

you have a macbook - you should be fine

I've used 1.1.1 in town several times with no issues mate.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Version of Traktor Pro when it first came out were buggy and people were still sticking with Traktor 3 , However since the last couple of updates lots of users have been moving over to performing with Traktor Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by monstrejumo View Post
    T

ARE YOU PEOPLE USING TPRO 1,1 WITH PLEASURE AND SAFETY DURING GIGS?

cheers
    I used Tpro for a 6 1/2 hour gig and had no problems whatsoever.
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast