Akai Mpk Mini:Suitable for my gear?

Default Akai Mpk Mini:Suitable for my gear?

Hello
    I started djing around 2-3 months ago.All I have is a hercules mp3 e2 ,traktor pro,senheiser headphones HD 215.I'm really feeling the need for more knobs,buttons etc.Do you think Akai Mini Mpk would be a good idea or is there any better solution?

www.soundcloud.com/sketosomania/

Quote Originally Posted by sketosomania View Post
    Hello
    I started djing around 2-3 months ago.All I have is a hercules mp3 e2 ,traktor pro,senheiser headphones HD 215.I'm really feeling the need for more knobs,buttons etc.Do you think Akai Mini Mpk would be a good idea or is there any better solution?
    www.soundcloud.com/sketosomania/
    I like mine, I use it a lot. I carry it out to shows use with either My Apc-40 or Launch pad. The place where it comes in handy the most, is when I'm laying in bed relaxing and have an idea. When you start adding up the amount of control it provides along with the compact size and the rest of its features. I'm sure you will be happy with it. If you don't play any instrument and you're just looking for extra knobs and pads/buttons to map look at the LPD8 of course it provides half of what the MPKmin does, it's cheaper and still a lot of fun. All my Akai gear works like a charm and it always has, right out of the box. Try and stay away from Korg. All there compact gear is horrible. The only exception being the nanoKontrol2 which wasn't worth crap until NativeKontrol Mapease came along.
    My Mule = Sony Vaio 2.80/3.50GHz)i7 W/solidstate Drive + 8 Gigs Ram. Win7. The Studio = Custome built tower + Samsung 32" LED walmout monitor Ableton8 Suite+Max,Isotonik,OCTPAD NativeKontrol Apc-CL1, APC-40,Launchpad,Maschine,NanoKontrol2,MPK49,LPD8,MPK Mini,,Reason4,Vestax Pmc25 2CDJ 1000mk2

Thanks A lot..I think i'll go n grab it

Tech Wizard

definitely great to map to traktor and its fun portable and interesting looking i use it and it is great for extra things aside from my s2