arturia maping

Thread: arturia maping

Tech Wizard

Default arturia maping

Hi can you tell me how to maping midi keyboard in ableton.i have arturia analog experience 32 keys the factory,and can you tell me may I use sample waw format in ableton

Wav in Ableton is no problem.

Mapping the Arturia keyboard is no problem as well. You can midi-map every midi controller in Ableton by hitting the "MIDI"-button in the right upper corner. Then select a mapable object like a fader/knob/button in Ableton with the mouse and after that hit the appropriate element on your MIDI controller. That's it.

With the Arturia keyboard there are three special things to notice:
    1) Make sure the keyboard is turned on before you start Ableton so it becomes recognised by the programme.
    2) Like with any other midi controller you will have to make sure that Ableton Live determines your controller (in this case: Arturia keyboard) as a midi input and output in Ableton's preferences.
    3) When I connected the keyboard for the first time only the pitchwheel and the keys where recognised as mapable but not the knobs, buttons and faders. To get that working you'll have to open Arturia's Midi editor and make some changes. To me it seemed like almost any changes would work, it seemed a bit unlogical... If it still won't work have a look at the Arturia forum. They have some nice troubleshooting guides there in this matter.
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

Tech Wizard

Can you do that in pictures I do not understand

Sorry for not having the time to create a guide with pictures at the moment. Maybe I will post one in around 4 weeks....
    Have a look at Arturia forums or youtube videos (and what I wrote of course) if you cannot wait.
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...