Thoughts, Criticisms, etc
    Tech Convert

Default Thoughts, Criticisms, etc

K, So it's been a while since I've done this kind of thing. (Nutshelling my intro from the general forum - Stopped DJing etc and went back to Punk rock in 05). Came back to DJing/production last year when I was asked to do a regional burn. Have been asked repeatedly back ever since. So I started using LMMS to make stuff. (Open source linux stuff). So the first "set/ep" i released last fall was called Resurrection and it was ok imho. There is only one song on it i particularly like anymore, but I was just getting used to the software etc. The second one was called "Two on the floor-step" and i released that this spring at another regional burn and lots of people dug it. I would love to get your guys' thoughts on it if you would be so kind.
    http://soundcloud.com/djpackrat/sets...he-floor-step/
    Thanks in advance!
    Rat

(all done with open source tech)

it sounds like a band tbh...what i mean by that is if you sperated the instruments and had people play them i think it would sound the same...need some vocals

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by seitz View Post
    it sounds like a band tbh...what i mean by that is if you sperated the instruments and had people play them i think it would sound the same...need some vocals
    That's actually kinda neat, i didn't think about it like that before, but it makes sense....alas tho. my voice only really lends itself to like, punk and/or grunge kind of things...i don't think it would sound very good with this kinda stuff...way too raspy. O_o

Thanks!
    Rat

if your going for more of an edm type of thing

sounds need to be less flat and varried...one synth line throughout the entire thing kinda gives it a keytar vibe if you know what i mean

Tech Convert

Like like a 4 bar section of the melody? then something else? What do you mean by flat?
    Rat