Tech Convert

Default Need help asap s4 gives my new pc BLUE SCREEN

hi guys i just got my new editing/music/gaming pc today

spec : i7 3820k
    16gb ram
    7970 3gb x2
    120gb ssd hard drive
    1tb 72000rpm hard drive

i installed the s4 driver & tracktor 2 software.
    i load the software up it loads up but when i turn on my s4 so traktor can find it i get blue screen.
    so afta i did a manual restart i left the s4 on thinkin this will help so the second i loaded up traktor2 i got Blue screen again ...

can any1 help me please? i even sent a support ticket to Native an i havent had a reply .

HELP!

Wow, specs aren't lacking then...

Sorry I only do OSX. I'm sure someone will know though.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

run the native instruments service center and make sure everything else is up-to-date. Are you running the latest version of traktor?
    Traktor Z2, Denon SC3900(2), Kontrol F1, MidiFighter3D, HDJ-2000, Mixed in Key, Platinum Notes, Jack and Coke. (Previously- Rane 68, Traktor DJM-t1, Pioneer DJM-800, CDJ-2000s (2), Traktor S4, Stanton 150s)

If you're plugging it into a USB3 port then you'll need to download specific drivers from NI's website.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by rsciangula View Post
    run the native instruments service center and make sure everything else is up-to-date. Are you running the latest version of traktor?

they are updated to the latest

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    If you're plugging it into a USB3 port then you'll need to download specific drivers from NI's website.
    which ones would i need to download? could you send me the link if poss?.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by wush786 View Post
    which ones would i need to download? could you send me the link if poss?.
    Last I checked, driver updates will not work for the USB 3.0 conflict. Traktor and the Kontrol units are designed to be run on USB 2.0 and the new standard uses a different way of "talking" that is not compatible with any DAW device such as Kontrol. I had the same problem with my new Alienware laptop about a month ago, but luckily my work around was using the ESATA combo port which is USB 2.0 compliant.

For the record, this problem has also been affecting Macs that have only 3.0 inputs.

Ryan
    Last edited by Bedlam; 10-20-2012 at 02:57 PM. Reason: smart phones suck for posting

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
    Last I checked, driver updates will not work for the USB 3.0 conflict. Traktor and the Kontrol units aredesigned to be run on USB 2.0 andthe new standard uses a different way of "talking" that is not compatible with any DAW device such as Kontrol. I had the same problem with my new Alienware laptop about a month ago, but luckily my work around was using the ESATA combo port wich is USB 2.0 compliant.

For the record, this problem has also been affecting Macs that have only 3.0 inputs.

Ryan
    so in another words i cannot use the s4 on this pc at all? unless i install a 2.0 usb ports?

Tech Convert

ah hmm . just found out that my motherboard has 2x 2.0 ports an rest r 3.0 ports .. righttt now i goto find which 1's r the 2.0!!

Tech Wizard

The USB 3.0 inputs are probably blue.

So just put the S4 into one that ain't blue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast