Getting Remix Decks to Act Like Drum Machine? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jink121 View Post
    I think it's the syncing that I'm having a problem with, although I noticed today that I can launch my one shots whenever the light below the sample button on the s4 is off (Like the button on the far right in this pic http://www.digitaldjtips.com/wp-cont...-and-loops.png). Once I launch it, however, the light below lights up, and when I push it again, instead of playing the sample, all it does is make the light go off again, which means I can launch the one shot again. Essentially it requires two button pushes to launch one oneshot.
    If it is designed this way, it is an odd way to do it
    If you want to use the Mix Deck more like a drum machine, you need to make sure quantize is off or on a very low setting (like 1/4) and the samples need to be either set as loops with gate overide on or as one-shots.

This video explains the gate overide (with the F1).

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Tech Wizard

does anyone know how to change the remix decks from loop mode to one shot mode?? i have a s2 btw

Open up the Remix Deck in advanced mode and at the bottom right you can change sample cells playback mode (one-shot/ loop).

You can see what the advanced mode looks like and the button to change playback mode (bottom right) at about minute 4 of this video.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by DJUSAUS View Post
    does anyone know how to change the remix decks from loop mode to one shot mode?? i have a s2 btw
    have you ever thought of reading the manual
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Turn off quantize.

Quote Originally Posted by DJUSAUS View Post
    If you want to permanently change samples to one shots then ... highlight file in browser > right click > set type to one shot sample

You can do a whole bunch at once that way.

Tech Student

I'm having the same issue. Whenever I load a one-shot sample (such as, "Drop the Bass", as a cheesy example), the remix deck automatically "syncs" this sample with the master track, even though I have turned BPM off in the sample's settings. The behavior I would like to see would very simply play back this sample as just a WAV file, without any time stretching or tempo matching. This seems like such an easy thing to do, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I've set everything to one-shot, but cannot obtain this behavior. Anybody have any more thoughts?

BTW, I'm using the K S2. I've also heard there is a "legacy" mode for the sample cue buttons, but unfortunately am not in front of my hardware at the moment so I can't check it out. Thanks.

Tech Student

i had the same problem, i wanted to use the remix deck to trigger jingles horns lazer fx etc as you would trigger drums. i figured out how to do that but the problem i got now is that the remix decks are still syncing to the track decks resulting in my jingles playing either ridiculously high or low pitched is there a way to stop the remix decks syncing to the track decks permanently ? all i want to do is trigger samples the same way that virtual dj lets you

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by bigcrumb View Post
    i had the same problem, i wanted to use the remix deck to trigger jingles horns lazer fx etc as you would trigger drums. i figured out how to do that but the problem i got now is that the remix decks are still syncing to the track decks resulting in my jingles playing either ridiculously high or low pitched is there a way to stop the remix decks syncing to the track decks permanently ? all i want to do is trigger samples the same way that virtual dj lets you
    Dude I just installed the old version and got rid of the remix decks. Not a great solution but it works the way I want it to now.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattmangrease View Post
    Turn off quantize.
    simply this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12