Louis Chancellor's Setup
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Louis Chancellor's Setup

Hey guys and girls, I've been on the site for a few years now, but never showed any of the gear I play with. So I thought it was enough of that, so here is a few pics of the progression of my setup. Its nothing really special, and certainly nothing that most of you haven't seen before, but its about time I show off some of my gear.

Firstly, I started off with a Numark Total Control and Cue (VDJ). It was a good start for the first year or so.

IMG_0039.jpg

From there I made the move to Traktor and bought myself a set of Stanton T 80 tables, a Pioneer DJM 600, and an NI X1. I did like this setup, but money issues came up and I sold everything except the X1 to cover some bills.

IMG_0183.jpg

When I had a little cash back in my pocket, the S2 went on sale which was great. So my setup grew to the S2 along side my X1 which was great to get back to spinning on after a little while off.

IMG_0659.jpg

And last week I traded a guy a Scotty Cameron Putter which I bought for $60 two days prior for another set of Stanton T-80's, 4 Traktor control vinyls, needles and carts', rca's and original dust covers and boxes. Im not a Stanton TT fan boy or anything, but both times I picked up these model decks they have been great deals. The new set is much better then the first, as the BPM will only flutter a max of 0.03 BPM up or down. throughout a whole track. So far I'm really happy with these guys and can't wait to get some more time on them
    So the latest setup consists of a set of Stanton T-80's, S2, X1, A6, and Sony MDR V-700's

IMG_0827.jpgIMG_0829.jpg
    Last edited by jayo; 07-17-2012 at 12:53 AM.
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

I hear Stanton TT's are great for the price; good to see there is a decent alternative to Technics still kicking around. Nice setup; the desk is quite sleek. What are you using for the monitor stands?
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    2x Denon S3700
    2x Technics SL-1200 MKII
    Denon X1600 Professional Mixer
    Windows 7 64 Bit, Intel i7 Processor, 6 GB RAM

Really nice!!!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Thanks for the kind words on my modest little setup. The desk is a regular Ikea glass table/desk which I bought to use for school but as you can see no books will fit on the table anymore. I can't study at home with all the distractions so I go to the library now a days anyhow. The stands are QuikLok, I purchased them from Moog Audio here in Toronto on Queen street. Their site is moogaudio.com. It would be nice if they came up a bit higher, but they do swivel, seem sturdy enough, and for $50 for the pair they were a great grab.

Update time......

With the turntables I felt i wasn't really utilizing much of what the S2 had to offer, and wanted to go to something a little more traditional. I found a smoking deal for a Xone 32 in great condition, so I sold my S2, bought the Xone 32 and pocketed the extra $50. I got it all hooked up and running this afternoon and I must say I am happy with my purchase thus far. I never had my hands on a Xone before this, but it seems many people hold these mixers in high regard so I figured I would give it a shot.

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

I really like it man!

dont see thazt mixer to often, its looking great man and nice progress

Added a second X1 to my setup a little while ago. Now I think I am finally done adding to my setup for a long while.

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

And a few pics of it all lit up.

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast