Opinions, por favor

Default Opinions, por favor

hey everyone, another noob here. Did my first track the other day and like many others am looking for some feedback. it might be a little different to some of you, i actually didn't even mean to make a track, was just practicing with chord inversions, and ended up snowballing. Anyway I'll take any opinions, tips, constructive criticism, praise, insults...

Last edited by padi_04; 07-18-2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: added player

Post on Soundcloud, first hint I'll give you

the track? it is posted on soundcloud

Well, an objective remark would be that the whole track doesn't cover the audio spectrum. I don't think a single sound goes under 150hz, and to me it's really lacking. Especially if you expect people to dance on a track, they have to be driven by a decent kick.

Like dope said use your freq's man. Boost your low's more with EQ and make sure you get a 'fuller' sound.

Mess with your percussion and add some reverb, eq and dist on that kick to get it sounding good.

Overall for your first track, you have great composition skills. Just keep working on stuff and you'll really get everything strung everything together.

Starting in 0:36 some sound comes in that seems a bit out of quantization in my ears. Sounds unpleasing to me. I can't really detect it, but I assume it's the piano sparkles interfering with your bassline.
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

thanks for the feedback! I figured I was gonna hear about it for my eq and mixing. I've only been at this for a couple of weeks and been spending most of the time refreshing and studying up on music theory. planning on tackling synthesis and effects over the next few weeks then get into mixing and mastering. I really appreciate the constructive criticism, It's really import to know your deficiencies when honing a craft.