what to buy?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what to buy?

Tech Convert

Default what to buy?

Hey guys
    so i'm planning to get a mixer very soon and i have been delaying it for ages because i'm not sure what to buy!.
    My budget is pretty tiny and i really wanted to get Traktor S2 or S4 yet i don't even have half of what it takes to get one of them.
    After days and weeks of researching and reading reviews i thought i might get Numark mixtrakpro to begin with and build up from there yet i have found that there is usually a problem with the crossfader (crossfader leaks :S !!) and sometimes the nobs! so i'm really confused and i need your advice about it.
    my main complain is that i live in the middle east, and to ship anything from the US it usually cost 100$ extra so i don't wanna get it and end up regretting it.
    i'd appreciate any advice and i really hope this is the right place for this thread!.
    thank you all.

Tech Mentor

I can tell you that the crossfader on the mixtrack pro doesn't leak at all, people my think it leaks because they set up their rig using the wrong output. how ever after a year or so you may want to upgrade as it is a pretty basic unit.

Tech Convert

yeh that is my plan i was just worried that within few weeks (as i read) it would start leaking (the crossfader).
    thank you i think i will eventually go for it.

cross faders are pretty useless imo, unless youre scratching. nice to have, but not necessary
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Mentor

Yeah ive had mines for a year now and it has never truely failed me.
    Last edited by Zer0beet; 07-18-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: acidentally quoted myself

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    cross faders are pretty useless imo, unless youre scratching. nice to have, but not necessary
    I have no idea why this argument still exists on this forum.

The frequency with which I have to say this on this forum is pathetic, but: Just because you don't use something, doesn't mean it is of lower validity.

I Don't scratch, and I use the crossfader all the damn time for things that would be impossible without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    The frequency with which I have to say this on this forum is pathetic, but: Just because you don't use something, doesn't mean it is of lower validity.
    You might want to re-read my post.. IMO=In My Opinion

"Nice to have, but not necessary" - people can dj with a keyboard. Keyboards dont have crossfaders, therefore a cross fader is not necessary to DJ

I normally have my crossfader turned off so I dont accidentally bump it, but thats just me

I would genuinely like to know what type of things are impossible without one
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Wizard

my suggestion is save some more money until you can buy what u really want. bcoz one day you want to upgrade and you waste your money

Tech Wizard

If you are in much need then do buy a reasonable one but if not much need then i must say, collect money and buy the best quality one you wanted.

I would wait until you can afford what you really want.. its a shame its so expensive to ship to your part of the world... so this would sway me even more to just wait to get the dream kit.

I love the crossfader.. but I'm oldskool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast