So Cal DJ's - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So Cal DJ's

Quote Originally Posted by DJ JesC View Post
    That will be me telling the war stories
    I got a few myself.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Quote Originally Posted by dj subculture View Post
    I got a few myself.
    I'm all ears!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

I like that idea JesC if we can use that hall and it has space we just need a date and time now whats your schedule like maybe we can hook up and work things out together i sent you a message with my number in it

I'm jealous. You guys think if I threw up a similar thread for southern Louisiana I'd get any response? Somehow I doubt it ..
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

Tech Wizard

you never know till you try i started this thread trying to find some friends that i could learn from and chill with so give it a shot you might be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Bhajan View Post
    I'm jealous. You guys think if I threw up a similar thread for southern Louisiana I'd get any response? Somehow I doubt it ..
    Pretty sure there are a couple NOLA members around; I posted a thread a while ago looking for electronic music in NOLA and there were a few responses. I get there once or twice a year myself
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

I am now in LA! If anyone has any cool residencies or events let me know - I'll come check you it out! I'll be getting involved in the scene here myself, would like to get a few residencies.

Tech Wizard

welcoem to LA thiers this club opening up in santa monica close to sept ill send you a message with my number i have someone who works at the hotel its openign up in that keeps me informed

Groovy Tuesday August 28th, Blu Monkey Lounge in Hollywood. Me and another DJ will be playing abstract beats with some sick vocalists freestyling and singing. Doors open at 9, if anyone wants an early spot on the decks hit me up and I'll try to make it happen.

And if there's enough interest (and people don't mind a school night) I can hook up a DJTT night there in September. It's generally a hip hop club so keep that in mind but we can play whatever we want; I'd actually love to do a tech house night there some time but I have no love for promotion (esp for a Tues night club) so I never bothered.

Also, scratch monkeys should check out Scratch Pad, I think it's the second or third Weds of every month. Some of the fastest fingers in LA gather once a month and they hook up like 20 turntables and just go to town. It's sick.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    ...And if there's enough interest (and people don't mind a school night) I can hook up a DJTT night there in September. It's generally a hip hop club so keep that in mind but we can play whatever we want; I'd actually love to do a tech house night there some time but I have no love for promotion...
    Tech House night? Sounds good to me.
    I get off work late, 10pm, but I'm down.
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast