MF3D Mods?

Thread: MF3D Mods?

Tech Wizard

Default MF3D Mods?

Has anyone here tried to modify their 3d yet?

I got mines today and the black buttons look worn out so im planning to replace them with my mf classic buttons(of different colours).

Not much of a modification bur it's a start.

the mf3d is no DYI controller. other than the MFclassic and the MFpro there arent even visible screws, so opening would probably void your guarantee. the black buttons on the MF3d are special RGB buttons which can display various colors. with normal buttons you would loose this awesome feature..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

yeah i figured, i managed to have a peek at the buttons without opening it too much and there's a cover around every button. I didn't mean the whole button though, just the middle part, the part you press... Surely there's nothing special about that.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey smashah,

I would not recommend this unless you are very confident with solder rework, the buttons on the MF3D are soldered in place so you need to use solder braid to completely remove all solder from the arcade buttons before you can pry the PCB away. After that you would need to use two screw drivers to pop all the arcade buttons out from the chassis and then you can get at the plungers.

As long as the clear ring remains then the RGB lighting will continue to function.

Another thing to consider is that the feet are held in place using pressure sensitive adhesive, this will be destroyed when you remove the feet so you will have to glue the feet back in place. I used Loctite for all the prototypes and we regularly lost feet as it does not last long.

I want to mod everything i touch. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM. Mine is still in the mail, but keep me posted.

I think DJTT should sell a white one or sell a kit to make it white. or both.