Curious why my M3ds show pitch range in Traktor of -8% > + 13%?
    Tech Mentor

Default Curious why my M3ds show pitch range in Traktor of -8% > + 13%?

I am new to DVS + haven't owned turntables in 10 years.

Curious to why Traktor shows pitch range on my new M3ds using control vinyl to be exactly -8% on the low end for both tables ... but on the high end goes to + 13.5% on 1 table and + 12.xx% on the other table.

This seems weird to me.

Can someone explain?

Pitch may need to be calibrated. Can you get the dots to stay still at 3.3 and 6.6?

Low end will tend to be around -8% no matter how poorly calibrated your pitch is while the upper end and 0% (if quartz lock is disabled) will vary. Your pitches need to be calibrated as hipno alluded to.

Tech Mentor

Is calibration on the M3ds the same as the MKII's? Found some Youtube videos on instruction but none with the m3ds..

Yes, it's the same.

Tech Mentor

Cool..

I opened up one of the tables... circuit board has no hole in it to access the calibration knob.

Can't see the knob, can't figure out how to get the circuit board off.. Hopefully it will all work out. I contacted the seller who had done the custom work, and claims they had been calibrated. Hopefully he can give me some guidance.

Sometimes they just don't have the hole there to access the pot. My 1200 mk2 has it but my 1210 mk2 doesn't. It's more of a pain to adjust the pot without the hole, but it just involves unscrewing the board from the chassis (the screws are just above and below the board itself) and getting at the pot from the other side. Make sure you rescrew the board in (including the grounding strap - VERY IMPORTANT) before you get readings with your multimeter and before you test.

Tech Mentor

I just ended up doing at pitch calibration.... They match to 5.8 at the 6 Mark.. zero at zero.. good enough for me.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by drewspuppet View Post
    I just ended up doing at pitch calibration.... They match to 5.8 at the 6 Mark.. zero at zero.. good enough for me.
    I have done it following some good tutorials online. I have never been able to make my tables match exactly. They are close which is good enough for me. IMO If you can mix well... you really don't need them to be exact.