No love for the VCI 100 MkII ?
    Tech Wizard

Default No love for the VCI 100 MkII ?

Hey guys,

I've been trying to find information and user reviews for Vestax's VCI 100 MkII, but have been quite unlucky.
    I see that most people favour the original VCI 100, is the new one not worth its money?

Are there any users/owners of this controller here? I'd like to know about the quallity and feeling of the unit (from hands on experience). Also, I have not found any info regarding the accuracy of the pitch faders -aka if they are 14bit, high definition whatnot-, in what increments do they change pitch in Traktor?

Finally, is there an official mapping for Traktor 2 Pro? I couldn't find anything at Vestax's website.

Overall, would you say it is worth buying new for its price (aprx. 370€)

Thanks
    d{-.-}b

Tech Mentor

Yassou Harry.

I think you'll find that for that price you're better off saving up more money so you can get better controllers such as the novation twitch or the s2.

The Vestax VCI-100 is just not up there anymore unless its the ean golden midi fighter edition which has some interesting features.

Tech Mentor

ean did a review of this unit on the site and from reading it i believe he prefered the original vci as the sound card is not of the best standard not to mention the firmware kits will only work on the original and the DJTT firmware 1.4 makes the original vci much more accurate and far better than the standard firmware

Tech Wizard

Yeah, but doesn't the MkII come with high resolution pitch sliders? Also, about the S2, I have used the S4 for a while and for their price point, I was least impressed by its feeling... The soundcard is something a lot of people are complaining about, so I'll have to look into it. The thing is, were I live, I don't have easy access to new controllers and can't test them in person, hence I am asking for hands on experience. Btw, I own a mixtrack and a dn sc-2000 so I know what a shitty quality unit and what a high quality unit feels like... LoL

So, except from Ean's words, has anyone used the unit? I am mostly interested in the resolution of the pitch sliders, the feel of the jogs and buttons and generally, the overall feeling of the unit. Is its plastic construction as the Mixtrack's?

thanks
    d{-.-}b

Tech Wizard

I guess it never really caught on...
    d{-.-}b