Tech Mentor

Bump

Tech Mentor

bump

Tech Mentor

bump come on guys give it a listen

Tech Wizard

Tech Mentor

I love the fact that the drums have an acoustic, and some what of a "real-drummer" human feel to them. Maybe easy up on the quantize and play around with the velocities to really get that "Real" feel, but either way I still like them.

Instrument/Sound selection: all the sounds and tones seemed to mesh well together. Which makes a huge difference. So good looks on that.

Tension/Tempo changes: may not have done any real tempo changes, but changes in half time feel, dropping drums, keeping just cymbals, etc. If we draw the common analogy of the drums being the heartbeat of the song, then you've kinda really conveyed the heartbeat of someone listening/dancing at a club.

Break Down/Build: especially the one at the 3:30, well done. Filtering, delays, volume, drums. maybe some more panning might have added some more tension dying to be resolved, also a bit more drawn out drum roll, that parallels the filter sweep might make it more cohesive, but still enjoyable.

Dislikes:

That fucking yippy sample from the beginning. Didn't mind it at first but by the end of the song it had become a tad bit over-bearing.

Generic snare roll: Like I said, it works, but it sounded like you used it too much as a crutch because it's so reliable. Cymbal roll, glitchy-stutter, freeze reverb effect..idk just suggestions instead of going back to that snare roll.

Structure/Drop: The big build was good, like i said some more tension before going into the last drop, would definitely be the difference between club "song" and club "anthem". That being said the structure, or progression, more so was somewhat cookie-cutter to me. Not a bad thing, but I feel like it lacked that "It" thing to go from "Song" to "Anthem"

Melody: musically it was good, and enjoyable. BUT...a distinguishable, catchy reoccurring theme/Melody for the ears to kinda latch onto. again to me feels like would make this an Anthem over just another song. Mind you that's a lot harder said than done.

Sorry, if the grammar, or anything sounds stupid or like rambling. I just jotted down what came to mind during the first listen, then cross checked the initial criticisms against a second listen as to not rob you of any due-credit.

Overall I enjoyed it and would spin it, maybe even do mashup/remix. Good work and Keep at it!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BiggChev View Post
    I love the fact that the drums have an acoustic, and some what of a "real-drummer" human feel to them. Maybe easy up on the quantize and play around with the velocities to really get that "Real" feel, but either way I still like them.

Instrument/Sound selection: all the sounds and tones seemed to mesh well together. Which makes a huge difference. So good looks on that.

Tension/Tempo changes: may not have done any real tempo changes, but changes in half time feel, dropping drums, keeping just cymbals, etc. If we draw the common analogy of the drums being the heartbeat of the song, then you've kinda really conveyed the heartbeat of someone listening/dancing at a club.

Break Down/Build: especially the one at the 3:30, well done. Filtering, delays, volume, drums. maybe some more panning might have added some more tension dying to be resolved, also a bit more drawn out drum roll, that parallels the filter sweep might make it more cohesive, but still enjoyable.

Dislikes:

That fucking yippy sample from the beginning. Didn't mind it at first but by the end of the song it had become a tad bit over-bearing.

Generic snare roll: Like I said, it works, but it sounded like you used it too much as a crutch because it's so reliable. Cymbal roll, glitchy-stutter, freeze reverb effect..idk just suggestions instead of going back to that snare roll.

Structure/Drop: The big build was good, like i said some more tension before going into the last drop, would definitely be the difference between club "song" and club "anthem". That being said the structure, or progression, more so was somewhat cookie-cutter to me. Not a bad thing, but I feel like it lacked that "It" thing to go from "Song" to "Anthem"

Melody: musically it was good, and enjoyable. BUT...a distinguishable, catchy reoccurring theme/Melody for the ears to kinda latch onto. again to me feels like would make this an Anthem over just another song. Mind you that's a lot harder said than done.

Sorry, if the grammar, or anything sounds stupid or like rambling. I just jotted down what came to mind during the first listen, then cross checked the initial criticisms against a second listen as to not rob you of any due-credit.

Overall I enjoyed it and would spin it, maybe even do mashup/remix. Good work and Keep at it!
    Thank you mate sounds good I'll work on it!!