MIDI Fighter Guitar
    Tech Wizard

Default MIDI Fighter Guitar

so right now. im tired. and just came up with this idea of a midi controller. the deadmau5 debate stuck in my head for days and with this i proabibly could help. ive seen a piano looking guitar but this is alot kooler.
    midi guitar.jpg
    notes:

the fret board will house arcade button frets programed for either FX, track selection, or mode selection. The guitar will also be tilt sensitive. the d-pad can be used to select tracks or anything else that comes to mind. function when you use the ableton touch osc in groups of selected tracks. you also have a fader for fx or mixing between tracks

towards the body you have the ableton MIDI fighter set. 4 FX knobs and FX wammy bar. and a mouse pad can be used for fx or when your look on your pc it acts like a mouse.

any ideas or ways to improve design is helpful. the more i think bout the debate the more i want to commit my career into helping resolve this issue. i due time though i would love to use this and hopefully put into production.

keytar to the max, I drew this a couple of days ago, there is a couple of guitar concepts in this thread.

Since drawing that I had a look around at stuff that would be great on a standup device, I came to the conclusion you would be able to use the following:

Yamaha SHS-10 for the shell,

hacked up reloop contour CE. it's small enough to fit inside the Yamaha, It has midi for 4 decks, decent jog with 5 different modes built in to the firmware, 4 led ringed encoders for a deck switchable eq and 2 normal encoders, 2 center indent absolute knobs, 4 small potentiometers that could be replaced with larger ones and soldered into the existing brain for a crossfader and volume slider. It's got 20 buttons with led feedback that could be replaced with arcade buttons. and a nice browse encoder. On top of that everything can be hard shifted doubling every control. You could probably use the behringer pl-1 as the core but it doesn't have potentiometers for volume and crossfader.

A couple of VMeter touchstrips, or if you really want to go all out the neck of a yourock midi guitar or rockband 3 pro guitar which will give you an astounding 132 different midi messages on the touch strips that emulate the strings.

If I knew how to use 3d software I would have the leds mounted on the top edge so you can easily glance at the software feedback then you could blindly adjust the controls on the face without the need to see them.

The problem with something like this is it's super lame and serves no purpose other than to show off, when really you will be standing there scratching your balls mostly waiting for the right time to mix.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Wizard

yeah but you would have loops in the back ground while you actually playing the synth or beatmashing your own songs is how i imagined

I had a similar idea a year or so ago; there's a thread on it (with a really primitive drawing) somewhere but I don't feel like searching.... I still have the midi fighter and various bits and bobs I was going to use for it, but got hung up on looking for a guitar body to use, then finally decided that I could do 90% of what I wanted with a Guitar Hero controller (and have the wireless issue solved from the get-go, which is a huge pain in the ass for any DYI) and that it was ultimately a lot of work for a gimmick. Still would be damn cool though; synthet1c's mockups (above and on the page he linked) are really nice in terms of showing what's possible.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan