United Kingdom - Hard to Find Records gone bust?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default United Kingdom - Hard to Find Records gone bust?!

Just heard rumour that Hard to Find Records in Birmingham has gone into administration, and the administrators literally came in last week and cleared out the entire warehouse!

To be honest its not a complete shame, as the staff in there were always rude and arrogant towards me when I asked technical questions about any products I was about to purchase. Just a shame that the midlands only in-store DJ / Producer equipment supplier has gone bust, and London seems the only liable option if you want to try before you buy.
    | NI Traktor Scratch Pro 2.1.3 | Steinberg Cubase 7.0 | Yamaha HS80m Monitors | Oxygen 25 |
    | Allen & Heath Xone:62 | Pioneer CDJ 200 | NI Kontrol X1 | Novation Launchpad |

Facebook | Twitter | Mixcloud | Soundcloud

Tech Guru

Aaaaah shit that sucks, i'm based in London now but htfr was always a good one, never rrally bought gear from them though.

ah thats a shame man. I did enjoy popping down there for some gear lust.

Its not the last place left though, DV247 is also in Brum and has quite a lot on display to piss about with.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

i thought htfr was ok, everything was a bit expensive in there though, specially their vinyl
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Mentor

Been saying they've got a sale on, on eBay for a while now.
    I went on the website a few weeks back to compare hardware prices and there was no hardware, which I thought was odd, and an under new ownership banner up.
    Companies House says they're in liquidation ........... again
    http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/23...5c/compdetails

Even if they were still going I'd never buy anything from them again. Every time I have there has been issues as well as really slow delivery times.
    Last edited by zimfella; 07-20-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Mentor

I thought they'd been in administration for quite a while? (a year or two)
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    Even if they were still going I'd never buy anything from them again. Every time I have there has been issues as well as really slow delivery times.
    THIS... they won't be missed by me... arrogant, rude, ignorant, and 5 weeks for a pair of control cd's and vinyl to be delivered, when they said that they had stock!! Was not impressed!!

I used to buy a lot of stuff from HTFR but they quickly lost my custom when they started saying they had stuff in stock, only for me to buy it and then have to wait a month for it! And I kind of figured they were going bust when I was shopping for a new MPK last week and their website had no gear on it anymore, only vinyl.

It wasn’t all bad though, they replaced two mixers of mine that went bad, even after two years with one of them with no fuss. And when I visited their store in Birmingham, they couldn’t do more to help.

Still… chemicalrecords.com FTW!
    TSP 2.6.1 | 2 x CDJ 2000 Nexus | 2 x Technics 1210 MK5 | Denon DNX-1600 | Behringer DDM4000 w/Infinium X1 | MBP | A&H Xone K2 | Akai APC 40 & MPK 25 | Novation Launchpad | Pioneer HDJ 2000 & 500 | Audio 8 DJ | Ableton Live 9

http://www.mixcloud.com/lineypirate/http://www.soundcloud.com/lineypirate/

Only really used to pop in there when I was in town. Never really liked the staff and unless you were there to spend £££ on something they never had anything in stock and it always took weeks for them to get new stuff in. DV247 is another good shop in Birmingham but I mainly buy my stuff from DJkit.com now as they've been pretty decent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast