DIY Controller extension and stand for a Mixtrack Pro
    Tech Convert

Default DIY Controller extension and stand for a Mixtrack Pro

Hi,

I have a Mixtrack Pro and I want to build a case so it stands at an angle and then Add something at the bottom and top for extra buttons pots and so on.
    This is what ive come up with so far:
    Zusammenbau.jpg
    HintenBlech.jpg
    Frontblech.jpg

Now before I can start building i need to decide on buttons, pots and faders:
    Buttons:
    - For the 2 blocks of 4x4 buttons I wanna use arcade buttons or if possible arcade buttons with light like the Midifighter 3D or maybe even something touchsensitive like the Kontrol F1.
    - The rest of the buttons can be different. No idea what would be best i want to use them for things like a shift button, effect/s on/off ect.
    Pots:
    I need 4 in the front and 8 on top. I want to use the front ones as filter and gain for each deck, and the top ones for effects.
    Faders:
    I need just 2 to be used as volume faders (the ones on the Mixtrack Pro are 55mm long and I'd like them to be around the same lenght)

The problem is I can build the case and all that, I should even be able to solder everything together too but I have no Idea about what kind of pots buttons and faders to look for all those Ohm numbers mean nothing to me^^ Im a Mechnanical not Electrical Engineer. So I need some advice on what and where to get these parts. (If possible in Germany)

Then I need to decide on a midi brain what would be best? I'd like to connect everything via usb and it would be nice if I didnt have to program a driver myself^^

Ok well I hope you guys can help me out.
    Last edited by Little Fill; 07-20-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Tech Guru

Great idea! Should be cool when you get it all finished.

I always buy my arcade buttons from DJTT, they price them well and I like to support the business.

Check out mouser.com for pots. Bourns is a trusted brand around here. 10k ohm linear potentiometers are what you'll likely need for your pots.

Look into the Teensy++ - good info about that here: http://www.instructables.com/id/A-Fr...tylish-Modula/

Have you looked through these threads?

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=30380

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=26660 (this one is good resource for any DIY'er)

Tech Convert

Thanks, but after my OP I actually looked around some more and stumbled across all your links myself^^
    After looking a the thread from instructables.com I decided to go with the teensy as it seems to be the simplest approach plus I actually found a place that sells it in Germany.
    I also went over my first design and had to realize that some things just wouldn't work out, like the amount of arcade buttons (because of space and money) and the space under the plates which is needed for wiring.
    so my design looks like this now:
    Zusammenbau.jpg
    Frontblech.jpg
    HintenBlech.jpg
    I'm quite happy with it like that unless somebody has any suggestions it'll stay like that. The only thing that I'd be happy to do would be to replace some arcade buttons (I want to keep the ones on the frontplate as they are but the backplate could have different ones) with some kind of cheaper solution but I haven't come across anything so far.
    So my next step will be building it but I can't really start until I had my exam next Monday cause I'll need the time till then to study.
    Then my plan looks like that get the plates and all the electrical components together so I can get familiar with the teensy and then build the case. A friend is gonna cut the plates for me but he only has time for that in the next two weeks so I need to start from there.
    Anything wrong with that plan? This is my first build ever so I'm open to suggestions from people with more experience