Can I use my APC40 running on Ableton as input to Deck C or D on my Traktor S4?
    Tech Student

Default Can I use my APC40 running on Ableton as input to Deck C or D on my Traktor S4?

Hi Guys,

I m not sure if this is the right discussion group to shoot this question but here it goes...

I have a Traktor Kontrol S4 and an Akai APC40. I like both of them because S4 is really my gear for mixing but, APC40 on the other hand when run with Ableton gives me the flexibility to play with a lot of sounds. So, I wanted to know if I can turn the APC40 as an input to Decks C or D while the APC40 controls Ableton Live and I can use my Traktor Kontrol S4 for my mixing purposes simultaneously. I have an Audio 2 DJ by NI (if you think that's going to help).

I know that I can map the APC40 to Traktor and control the decks C and D but I want to run both Traktor and Ableton simultaneously and control them with Traktor S4 and APC40 respectively while APC40 acts as input to Deck C or D to the Kontrol S4.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    2.4 GHz Macbook Pro, Traktor Kontrol S4, Akai APC40, Audio 2 DJ, Korg Kaoscillator Pro

Tech Convert

I don't have Ableton, but here's a video I found that sounds like what you're looking for.

Zuggy already showed you how to sync.
    Now let's get both audio sources connected. Probably it would be possible to do this internal somehow but I don't know how. Therefore we'll do it externally.
    Grab your Audio 2 and let's go! Get it connected and make sure Ableton Live is set to route the master output onto your Audio 2 DJ. Take this kind of cable (http://www.thomann.de/gb/the_sssnake_ypr2030.htm) to connect the output of your Audio 2 DJ with the inputs of Deck D on the back of your S4. Set Deck D to "Live Deck" in Traktor software and that's it!
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

Tech Student

Voila! Thanks Zuggy and Rocking Head. Really got me sorted buddies. Once both were in sync and routed ableton's output to audio 2 and then to deck d it worked just fine. I have a gig tonight (12 hours from now, don't know what time zones you're in) and I am planning to kill it with this.
    2.4 GHz Macbook Pro, Traktor Kontrol S4, Akai APC40, Audio 2 DJ, Korg Kaoscillator Pro