I challenge you! Yes YOU!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ JesC View Post
    I've been a DJ since 93 or so. From Turntable, CDJs & Midi. Over the last couple of years I have post on DJTT and this have been a awesome community, but I feel like the we are fogetting the core mission we are trying to achieve.

Now here is the challenge.

GO MIX! GO DJ!

I feel like alot of us have gotten sucked in with all this dj technology that we are worrying too much about what gear, software, laptop, or hardware. Rock what you got!

Mix for fun, record your sets, post them on soundcloud, mixcloud, mixcrate, youtube, etc. Meet up with local djs, go crate digging at 2nd hand stores for vinyl & cds...you'll be surprised how much cool music is out there aside from the BeatPort Top 100.

Lets make DJ-ing or spinning fun again.
    I like your style sir, I always try to do at least a 20 minute set at my house everyday to farmilirise my self with new music and then another 30 minute mix fro the skill. I think ill start djing longer now.

But typing is sooooooo much easier
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

I feel challenged. I'm going to the used record store this weekend with $20 and will walk away with 20 records.

Amen...
    2x Technics SL-12000 mk2 / 2x Numark HDX
    Kontrol Z2 / Ecler Nuo 3 / Custom Vestax 07Pro 25th Anniversary, Blue Led's & integrated Audio 6 / Numark DXM06 w/innofader
    Novation Dicer / NI Maschine / Kontrol X1 / F1
    TSP2

damn my last serious recorded set was on 2010..what i'm doing now?

i'm already there... i even have learned to live with the limitations of my gear and work around them. use what you got and have fun.

Wish I could, my gear is still stashed
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    Wish I could, my gear is still stashed
    Same here buddy
    All packed up in boxes with no where to set it up
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

My missus - has jut left the room to get ready. That'll be at least an hour...

I'l fir e up the decks right now and get busy for a while.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I'm with you 100%, Jesc. Less time typing - more time mixing.
    Yes........ this is so true.

I hardly spend anytime on forums as I produce a lot....... and I just get out DJing.

THIS is the reason why I move to Berlin from the U.K ............... Berlin has thousands of clubs and bars to ... erm DJ in.

My equipment is pro quality .......... basic by most standards on here yet I have skills that surpass that basicness... you really all should stop being so fucking geeky and just got out...

In my travels around as a DJ/Producer the very best DJs aint got masses of NEW equipment... they have skill and undiluted passion for their craft.

Besides NOTHING is perfect as your imagination will allway surpass the equipment you have... it will allways be like that.

YOUR audience don't give a flying fuck what kit you use......... digital or vinyl or whatever... just one or two geeks in the front row.

You cannot just simply throw money at buying the best gear if you aint got talent ... you will just still fucking suck but in higher quality.

Now just get out and do the do...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast