new 13 inch macbook (pro)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard
    Currently, San Antonio, TX the city of lost causes.

Default new 13 inch macbook (pro)

i was at the local apple store yesterday, teasing myself into buying a white 13 inch macbook, (versus the current aluminum 13incher which lacks fire-wire support)...
    glad i did not do so.
    lo and behold the new macbook (pro) 13 inch released and available today. faster processor complete with fire-wire support and longer lasting battery!
    http://store.apple.com/us/browse/hom...o?mco=NzUyMzg0

Damn, this was a good upgrade cycle for Apple. Thankfully they listened to all the people who complained about the disappearance of firewire on the first gen aluminum models.

I'm totally sold now, just need to save up some pennies.

Yeah nice for all of us firebox owners, you just need a converter http://www.sonnettech.com/product/fw_adapter.html.

Tech Mentor

lol they caved in for a 13" with firewire

but omfg my white macbook is going on ebay sharpish !!!!!!!!!!!!

Tech Wizard

A sidequestion...
    Does Traktor Pro actually run good on the standard macbook air?

I see there is also a new macbook air released today...

Trying to justify an upgrade myself... I have a 15" Macbook Pro I'm not too fond of (just before unibody), and Powermax will give me $800 for it for a trade-in for a new Macbook Pro. Thinking... thinking... tempting..
    http://dj.wondershock.com
    VCI-100 SE V3/Axiom 25 MkII/Traktor Pro/Macbook Pro 15" 4GB Quadcore
    Focusrite Saffire 6/Pioneer HDJ-2000

Tech Guru

well macbook air is no fun in terms of usb connectivity. i guess you could use the usb port for the soundcard and itouchmidi apps as midi controllers.

as for the update. still only anti glare option for the 17", no expresscard slot and only 2 usb ports on the 13 and 15 means you will run out of usb ports fast. i guess the next mbp will be a 17" for me .. but i guess i am going to wait another year .. 1TB SSD, 16GB ram and USB 3.0 should be available by then .. anyways need to go to bed and dream of a 17" multi touch display in next years mbp update ..
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

The air is so overrated underpowered and overpriced, the three people I know with them have had lots of trouble with speakers, usb, display ports, ect.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wondershock View Post
    Trying to justify an upgrade myself... I have a 15" Macbook Pro I'm not too fond of (just before unibody), and Powermax will give me $800 for it for a trade-in for a new Macbook Pro. Thinking... thinking... tempting..
    Still looking to get rid of the MBP? Been looking into one myself, just haven't been able to find a price I like

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wondershock View Post
    Seriously are you joking. The Macbook Pro (pre unibody) is fricking awesome.
    No stupid Glare screen, no single glass trackpad. Yes the new ones are faster (is it noticable NO), yes its Unibody (so what, drop it and the whole thing is fucked).

Im in the market for another Macbook Pro and i can afford a Unibody bit id much rather have an older model than a Unibody.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast