DJM600 or Denon-X1500S?

Default DJM600 or Denon-X1500S?

What would be the better 4 channel mixer? I'm torn between two deals for the same price of $500 on CL. Both have FX and are 4 channels. The Denon would probably be the better choice of the two but I'm a whore when it comes to Pioneer products. I just need a 4 channel to mess around with right now until I find a DJM800-850K.
    Last edited by fokaisnake; 07-21-2012 at 02:41 AM.
    TSP2|MFSPECTRA|TECHNICS1200MK2/M3D|WIN764BIT
    MASCHINESTUDIO|KNTRLZ2|KNTRLX1MK2|KNTRLF1|DICERS|V-MODA

Tech Mentor

I have owned a 1500 not the S version tho and if you want a mixer that will last get the DJM 600 as after a few year of being well looked after my 1500s cue buttons all needed replacing and a few others aswell.

The sound quality on the 1500 is miles better than the 600 but the 1500 has a few issues:

The faders feel really cheap and nasty, this was the thing I most disliked.

As I had the 1500 not the 1500s I had fader lag when cutting with the line faders, I believe this was fixed on the S model tho.

Buttons as stated above would wear out and you have to find the sweet spot by pushing it in and to one side etc, some stopped working all together and needed replacing, which I never got round to doing I bought a 1600 instead.

USB updates! Sounds great but there was only ever 1 maybe 2 can't remember.

I seem to be ranting lol any other questions just ask

PS Forgot to add i'v also owned and used many 600s and apart from the sound quality rarely had issues
    Last edited by Jeff Scott; 07-21-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Added a PS

Try and get a djm700 or 800 2nd hand if you can.

Both a lot better than the 600 which is noticeably bad
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

The house mixer at a club I play at is a DJM-600. Piece of shit if you ask me haha. I have only used the x1600 but in my opinion, the denon would be a better choice.

The DJM600 is a classic mixer for sure, but its definitely showing its age in the last 3 years or so. Its nearly 15 years old don't forget guys
    Still love ours even tho we have just updated some gear.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Scott View Post
    I have owned a 1500 not the S version tho and if you want a mixer that will last get the DJM 600 as after a few year of being well looked after my 1500s cue buttons all needed replacing and a few others aswell.

The sound quality on the 1500 is miles better than the 600 but the 1500 has a few issues:

The faders feel really cheap and nasty, this was the thing I most disliked.

As I had the 1500 not the 1500s I had fader lag when cutting with the line faders, I believe this was fixed on the S model tho.

Buttons as stated above would wear out and you have to find the sweet spot by pushing it in and to one side etc, some stopped working all together and needed replacing, which I never got round to doing I bought a 1600 instead.

USB updates! Sounds great but there was only ever 1 maybe 2 can't remember.

I seem to be ranting lol any other questions just ask

PS Forgot to add i'v also owned and used many 600s and apart from the sound quality rarely had issues
    Thanks for clarifying about the Denon 1500S. I thought the only difference with the S version was the color, I didnt know they made imporvements. I guess I'll go with that for now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Try and get a djm700 or 800 2nd hand if you can.

Both a lot better than the 600 which is noticeably bad
    I'm always on the lookout for a 2nd hand 800. Prices on Ebay are kind of ridiculous and whenever they pop up on CL its always atleast a three hour drive from where I live.

Thanks for all your suggestions!!! Going with the Denon!!!

had the denon, cue buttons are a pain in the ass
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Tech Convert

the denon would be a better choice.