Help with some VCI 100 custom mapping (1.4 Firmware)

Default Help with some VCI 100 custom mapping (1.4 Firmware)

Hi......

I have just flashed the firmware on an oldschool secondhand VCI 100.. to the 1.4 version.

Using Traktor Pro 2 V2.0.3 (no plans to upgrade as its stable and is all I require)

Great.

I'm a club dj so I do not require this controller to be anything like the SE version....

I'm all about super, super smooth mixing.

I have created my own mappings....... (four eqs and filters mapped and custom looping settings a very limited palette of controls but its all i need)

I previously loaded up the DJTechtools Traktor mapping that supported the 1.4 firmware into Traktor .... so I could see how the new mapping dealed with the improved pitch and fader resolution.

Wrote down the details and tweaked it into my own stripped down mapping.

The scratching is working great.

All I need to do is sort out the pitch bend function when it is in scratch mode.........

Please can you piont me in the right direction how to impliment this function.

Cheers.........

Tommi

Sorted..............

Tech Convert

how did you sort it tommy?

I used the midi learn in Traktor .... without this function it would be impossible to do.

My VCI 100 mapping is probably the most basic on the whole of DJ Techtool forum its for smooth club mixing (Minimal Techno,Deep Tech- House) to make people dance their arses off for two-three hour long sets.

NOT exhibtion controllerisum style sets ... its not what I'm into.

Transport section for A & B decks (Only use 2 decks max)

1st Button play/pause
    2nd Button Back to load marker
    3rd Button Effect select 1 (Arm)
    4th Button Effect select 2 (Arm)

I only use the reverbs on about 12-20% settings for breakdowns and build ups.......... to be honest the other effects sound cheesy.......... and gimmiky to my ears. Not needed for a smooth mix.

Vinyl mode on I can scratch... well actually its sweet little backspins is my style .... the outer edge of jog wheel is pitch bend.

(Normal set up I guess)

Mixer section (Nice and simple)

Default Gain for A & B (Top middle two rotarys)

Bal A& B (Default)

4 eqs mapped to the four rotarys....

So its like a basic 4 eq 2 channel dj mixer... simple essential controls.

The FX Section...... (With the effect parimeter selector in the middle default position)

1 rotary knob is for filter for deck B (Aimed with the fx button engaged)
    2 rotary Knob is for filter for deck B (Aimed with the fx button engaged)

So its super simple setup.... designed for me to mix and blend music for the Berliners to dance.

It wonderful to use, I suppose in the old days it would be like playing two white label vinyls using a nice 2 channel mixer with full eq section.

I never used CDJs ............ I was all vinyl before I went digital... for 16-17 years.

A top underground producer will spend a say 20 studio hours on a track........... its don't need a lot more fx in my opionion just love and careful blending.

So less is more.

Tech Convert

Hey tommi

Thanks for your detailed reply.

Im into the very same style of mixing as you, its just Im having trouble with the pitch bend/nudging with the outer part of the jog wheel.

I map it and it works until i restart traktor, and then it doesnt work but i can see the mappins are stil there.

Hav eyou experienced this? Im using 1.4 firmware toom and traktor 2.

Also have you mapped the outer jog wheels for pitch bend when in vinyl mode and not in vinyl mode?

If you could send me your TSI file tat would be great then I could try and see if I have a problem with my mapping

Thanks man