Pretty Lights - Advice

Default Pretty Lights - Advice

Hey guys!

I'm looking to enhance my set with some pretty lights. I'm hoping to get some good suggestions (as in, best bang for the buck). I'm not looking to buy an eight-thousand dollar laser system or anything like that. Just maybe something that can do some cool audio-synced stuff in the 200 dollar range.

Thanks!
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

Tech Mentor

Not much you can do there... About the best you can do is maybe get 4 puck-style LED's or a pair of colorrails... If you raise your budget slightly.

Yea, I feared as much.

Thanks though, I guess I'll look into those things. Any recommendations as far as specific brands or features for colorails/pucks?
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

You can be sneaky and buy "samples" directly from Chinese manufactures, just say you are looking to start an import business but you need to see the quality of their product, make it sound as legit as you can and they will send you anything, but some wont leave you alone if you have made contact... that's the price you pay I guess LOL... But even this way $200 will not go very far, maybe a couple of par cans and a smoke machine with fluid... if you chuck another $150 get something like a double derby light with wide dispersion that will fill a small room with beams of light.

if you end up getting vdj pro there is a plugin that communicates with freestyler dmx software to sync the lights with the beatgrid and can change scenes with cue points in your tracks. but a usb dongle for freestyler like the "enttec open" will run you at least another $100. This is an expensive hobby/business
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Convert

Not much you can do there