Problem: No bass at all ... - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

ah ok. well, the output coming out of traktor and using your macbook pro in built soundcard is probably too much for your computer speakers to handle, so the bass isn't being represented.

you say when you record the output of traktor, it also has no bass? even after listening back with headphones?

anyway, an audio interface (or external soundcard) is a device that moves all audio processing to its own place (this is also what video cards do). so, instead of yuor macbook struggling to deal with multiple tracks playing AND running the system, software, internet, etc. you can offload all of that extra processing to a device that is made to sound good and made to not overload.

my thoughts

Tech Mentor

well after if i listening back with headphones, i can hear the bass.

And DAMN, that was the answer i was looking for. THanks dude !

Tech Mentor

yes, pick yourself up an audio interface and you'll also be able to separate your 'cue mix' from your 'main output', so you can listen to decks on your headphones before the crowd hears it - good for cueing up the next track and getting it in time.

Tech Mentor

But wait, if that's the case, how come even after i recorded and put my track on my itunes, there is still no bass

Tech Mentor

even with your headphones on?

is it a .wav file? try right clicking in itunes and convert to mp3. now see if there is bass.

Tech Mentor

no when i put the headphones it always work. (and yes it's in mp3)

Tech Mentor

i dunno man, it sounds like the bass is there, but is weaker or just not good thru your laptop speakers. it is probably a very simple thing like the volume you recorded at is not high enough to drive the bass.

if i had your computer in front of me or could see your signal path, or the files you get on recording, maybe i could help more. like if i had the original mp3 you started from, i could see your levels in traktor, i could see the file size and type of the recorded file, and i could a/b it against your original mp3's volume/gain. then i could help.

you could try open up the file you have recorded in a spectral analyzer and let us know if the bass is there or not - what is the volume/gain on the freqs from 20hz to around 200hz? cos whatever you can hear with your headphones, that is what everyone else in the world would hear with their headphones.

unfortunately laptop speakers are not trustworthy.

no he means what audio interface, are you playing through the S4's outputs, or routing it through your macbook's outputs? what does the first setting in the preferences say? open audio midi setup and see what options are available and what's set as default etc

and yeah dude don't be rude these guys are just trying to help you out the best they can

it might be useful if you post up screenshots of what settings you have and what your traktor screen looks like it'll give us a better idea

YaYa, I've read trough all four pages of this thread and I still have no clue as to what your setup is or ..whatever.
    Try asking an educated question and perhaps you'll get a useful reply, helping you out.

HOW are you recording? What devices are you using? How is your EQ and filter set up? if you cannot answer these simple questions we're gonna have a hard time helping you.
    Midi Fighter|Kontrol X1|A4DJ|HDJ2000|MBP 13" 2,53Ghz 60GB SSD/500GB HDD

Tech Mentor

okokok: polite ad no sarcasm
    So as soon as i have a decent internet connection i'll send screenshots of the settings

thanks for the help though

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast