Problem: No bass at all ... - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

ok i'm opening traktor 2.5 without the tratkor kontrol S4 plugged in. (there is still the same problem)
    i uploaded a screen picture of all the settings in this google doc file

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx8...HNyRXl5UTYxSGc

I've read this whole thread and I am still confused. At first I thought you legit had a problem within the software because I thought what you were telling us is:

1. on your headphones -> You play a song out of itunes, there IS bass. You put the song into traktor there ISN'T bass
    (this would be a potential software issue)

What I have begun to assume is:

2. on your headphones -> you play a song out of itunes there IS bass.
    unplug headphones and use laptop speakers -> you play a song out of itunes there ISN'T bass

if #2 is correct, than your problem should be self explanatory..
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Mentor

yeah, all your settings look fine.

what i think is happening is when you recorded your traktor stuff, it is a bit quieter than commercial volume. so, when you are comparing them in itunes, it is quieter and thus the bass response from your lappy speakers is lower.

the long and short of it is you need a better way to monitor your music cos your laptop speakers aren't cutting the mustard :P

Ok this whole this is annoying me..

first off, I really think your questions is "why do my laptop speakers have no bass" and I'm not even going to begin to explain that

Second, after looking at some of your other started threads (which tend to be a ton of questions/problems that can easily be fixed with basic knowledge of traktor and by doing a bit of searching/fooling yourself, as opposed to just immediately asking the forums to fix these things for you) I noticed that you already had asked the same question, and got a good answer which basically is - dont use your laptop speakers/internal output. period. Found in this post here

Finally, Why if you have an S4 are you even using your internal output? and why can you not invest a measly $40 on some powered laptop speakers?

Now if I am completely wrong, and that is not at all pertaining to your original question, my fault for blaming you. However, if this really does sum up your question, then there might be some folks in this thread that deserve an apology for how you reacted to their help. From page 1 there were people telling you that bass simply does not exist in laptop speakers.
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Mentor

-> I put my music on soundcloud and there not going to listen to it with earplug
    -> Buying a monitor is hidding the problem, if i give my music to someone he going to here it with some basseless shitty quality

Quote Originally Posted by YaYa View Post
    -> Buying a monitor is hidding the problem, if i give my music to someone he going to here it with some basseless shitty quality
    yes, but only if they listen to it on bassless shitty speakers, ie. laptop speakers

Tech Mentor

no because my laptop has base on every other software. if i put a music (not from traktor) on my itunes there is base
    if i mix on other software there is base, so it's not my speakers

ok so the issue is only in traktor?

If you play a song in traktor using your headphones, do you hear bass?

Tech Mentor

-> yes
    -> yes

when you play a song on your laptop from itunes, is there bass?

do you plug the headphones into the laptop or the S4?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast