Show me the best beginner dj PA Speaker systems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Show me the best beginner dj PA Speaker systems

I'm looking for good beginner dj PA Speaker systems. I really only have a $500 or maybe $600 price range.
    I'm looking for links, experiences, or opinions in beginning with Speakers. I found good deals looking around, but want the DJTT's forums to help for me. I need some good bass (You know how the kids like it these days). The speakers can come in a package or by their own, also they don't have to be powered but have to come with a power amp.

I'd say Mackie 15 Thumps are pretty hard to beat in their price range. They're light and sound very nice, but they won't be very loud. I had them for a year and I was satisfied with them until I got Mackie SRM450v2s. They're MUCH louder even though they're 12" cabs. They're a little heavier too.
    Behringer has some decent active speakers aswell, but they're also very heavy.

Anyways, don't expect 600$/€/£ speakers to be anything special. So I'd suggest you to buy ONE 500ish (RCF312A/Mackie SRM450) cabinet first and save for the next one. You can thank me later.

Tech Convert

I found Kustom KPC215's in a package with a power amp:
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Kustom-K...93-i1511130.gc
    They are not the best but they are a place to start out. The package is kinda what I'm looking for. Do you Think those would do.

Tech Mentor

Build your own IMO. You can get more for your money in the long run and you learn a few things about audio engineering.

Seriously though, as thug said, dont expect to get much from a budget of 600. You might be better off getting a nice 2.1 home theater system for that money.

Also if your in a real need of a system, rent one and start saving a bit more.

Tech Mentor

get a pair of RCF 312As. a quick google search and youll see that these can hang with 1k+ systems

Behringer might be your best option, very under estimated

some options

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Behringer-EU...item256f2fe5fc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Behringe...item2a1bfaf971

But i would say spend a little more and get these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RCF-ART-312A...item41685e5b0a
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Look at the Carvin PAs, pretty affordable and good. Loud, too.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Janky View Post

Also if your in a real need of a system, rent one and start saving a bit more.
    Thanks I know someone who will, I see what he can do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ksandvik View Post
    Look at the Carvin PAs, pretty affordable and good. Loud, too.
    Those look nice. Do you use them? I will look more into that too.

I was looking for PA speakers for almost a year. I kept my eye on Craiglist, then one day bam I saw what I was looking for. 2 mackie thump 15"s w/ stands and all cables for $300 in the next town over. I went that day and grabbed them. right before I left the guy says "oh by the way I have a third Thump, but the amp is shot, you can take it for parts". I took it home and they all worked like new. I basically got nearly $1000 worth of equipment for $300. Moral -> be patient and keep an eye out for a good deal. The speakers are more than enough to do what I need them to do. If you can't afford JBL, look for Mackies. Active > Passive
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post
    I was looking for PA speakers for almost a year. I kept my eye on Craiglist, then one day bam I saw what I was looking for. 2 mackie thump 15"s w/ stands and all cables for $300 in the next town over. I went that day and grabbed them. right before I left the guy says "oh by the way I have a third Thump, but the amp is shot, you can take it for parts". I took it home and they all worked like new. I basically got nearly $1000 worth of equipment for $300. Moral -> be patient and keep an eye out for a good deal. The speakers are more than enough to do what I need them to do. If you can't afford JBL, look for Mackies. Active > Passive
    I agree, I'm being patient and looking for options. I'm sure there is somethings out there I got to look for them. Thanks.
    Last edited by IVIrhyde; 07-23-2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast