vestax vci 100 pitch tsi
    Tech Student

Default vestax vci 100 pitch tsi

hi,i'm new to the forum,my name is Stefano and i write from Naples,Italy.a couple of day's ago i bought a vestax vci 100 (mk1),and since the first day,i notice a big imprecision of the pitch fader in traktor pro 2.5(for example,i start eith the pitch fader to '0' position at 125 bpm,to increase,the minimum step is 125,16 o 125,18 !!!)
    does anybody have a solution,or better a tsi file to solve my problem??
    i'm not to good with midi mapping,and i dont believe that my problem depend of the firmware version (1.2 i think...)

thanks for the help and,my best regard to Mr Golden....and sorry my english!

Tech Mentor

Your problem does relate to the firmware version. The factory VCI only has 7 bit faders, which gets you the resolution you are seeing. The 1.4 firmware will make them more precise, and you will need to remap the controller after the firmware update.

firmware indeed... normal 7bit midi gives you only 128 values, which is fine for most control but not so ideal for pitch. you can ofc lower the overall pitch range to get extra resolution for fine adjustments. you'll need to get hold of a firmware upgrade kit to flash the vci to 1.4 if you want to go down that route.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by DJQA View Post
    Your problem does relate to the firmware version. The factory VCI only has 7 bit faders, which gets you the resolution you are seeing. The 1.4 firmware will make them more precise, and you will need to remap the controller after the firmware update.
    thank you very much for the answer DJQA,i really appreciated...the only way to make the pitch adjust so its buy the upgrade kit!!
    thank you so much!

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    firmware indeed... normal 7bit midi gives you only 128 values, which is fine for most control but not so ideal for pitch. you can ofc lower the overall pitch range to get extra resolution for fine adjustments. you'll need to get hold of a firmware upgrade kit to flash the vci to 1.4 if you want to go down that route.
    thank you zestoi,now i know well that the reason of the imprecision is the resolution of my machine...
    thank you so much for the help!!