Can Ableton and Traktor use the same song library - warping beatgrid saves

Default Can Ableton and Traktor use the same song library - warping beatgrid saves

I have always used Ableton but starting to mess around with Traktor because it seems a little better for impromptu mixing.

My question is, I have my folder with all my songs warped in Ableton and I don't want to point Traktor towards it because it seems to do some automatic stuff reading the files when it boots up. I don't want it to ruin my Ableton warped songs. So I duplicated my song folders, but that seems like a mess.

Can I have Traktor and Abelton access the same songs in the same location without either program messing with the warping/beatgrid data.

I know Ableton makes a little ASD file for each song, but not sure yet what Traktor does.

go into PREFERENCES > FILE MANAGEMENT in Traktor and UN-CHECK the two ANALYZE new tracks options.

I think this is what you want.

>

Thanks, that will help.

I'm just curious if I have a track already warped in Abelton, if saving it with Traktror will mess it up. I guess I'll do some trial and error. I know with Mixed in Key, it says to warp the tracks after you do mixed in key, because whatever tags it adds to the MP3/Wav messes up the warping in Ableton.

Hopefully they will play nice with each other, I'm not looking forward to having to keep two separate song libraries.

Ableton stores the warp info in a separate .asd file. So you will not cause any havoc using the same audio files for Traktor and Ableton Live, or ITunes. Or WinAmp and so on...