Tech Student

Default audio interface for 4 decks control

hey guys,

im currently running:
    1 x macbook with tractor pro 2
    1 x native instruments audio 2 interface
    1 x behringer ddm4000
    1 x traktor kontrol x1

i want four deck control because i want to buy another x1 or f1 (havnt decided yet), but my question is will a native instruments audio 6 allow me to do so? or is it only the audio 10 that allows 4 deck control?

thanks

hi fazfaz.

if you want to run 4 decks externally you will need an audio 8 or 10. the audio 6 only has three stereo pairs in/out so you would be one deck short
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    hi fazfaz.

if you want to run 4 decks externally you will need an audio 8 or 10. the audio 6 only has three stereo pairs in/out so you would be one deck short

so if i was to buy the f1 to control just one remix deck would the audio 6 work?

with the audio 6 you could route the remix deck into the deck three output so you could have full 3 deck control on the mixer and the remix deck would be controlled on the third channel as well. this would leave you with a spare channel on the mixer.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

If your not using timecode you dont have to go with the audio series I like the focusrites.

Tech Mentor

This all depends on your setup and midi controls. Controlling 4 decks is a midi function, not audio. You can route all your audio coming out of the same outputs if you wanted to do that, its a matter of how are you controlling the decks. You can mix internally and use the DDM4000 to control all 4 decks by assigning midi functions to the buttons. So you could set up each channel of the DDM4000 for midi giving you 4 decks to control and then use 1 channel to come out of the audio 2 into a channel on the DDM4000 using that channel just to get audio into the mixer. Remember all your channels on the DDM are set for midi so you wouldn't be able to use any of the regular mixer functions.

If you want to mix externally then the internal mixer of traktor is disabled. Each deck would have to be on its own outputs going into the DDM4000. But again this all depends on your needs. My original setup was a DDM4000 and an audio 6. I had decks A & B each on their own channel and decks C & D as sample decks both on the same channel. I think of it as having 8 sample slots all together. Now if I wanted to control volume levels, EQ, etc. of decks C & D independently, I couldn't do it. I have since upgraded the audio 6 to a Xone DX which is a 4 deck controller 20 channel soundcard and has enough outputs to put each deck on its own channel of the DDM4000 but I still use the DDM in the same way and keep decks C & D together. So it really all depends on what exactly your needs are.
    Last edited by dj matt blaze; 07-24-2012 at 02:25 PM.