Production - How Do They Get That Sound!? (dubstep) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblejazz View Post
    are you a more iTal Tek sounding kinda guy?
    I do like iTal Tek, especially his newer stuff, the newer stuff released on Planet Mu aong with Pinch's new stuff on Mu

Kulture is also one of my favourite producers atm (off the top of my head) he's a nice guy too, which I think counts as alot.

I don't mind a bit of wobble every now and then, just I can't stand going to nights when that's all there is.

It seems the general sort of movement in dubstep, in the UK anyway, is taking it main stream, which is fair enough, but at the same time the music is evolving with it. Imo Rusko aint helping.

In Leeds especially, students seem to be jumping on the bandwagon and going to dubstep nights that used to be alot of fun, now it's full of your stereotypical student (I'm a student too, but Leeds born and bred ) getting wasted and not caring about anyone but themselves and thinking they are the bees knees, rather than being part of the community, Which happens enough to be on the verge of the close dubstep community in Leeds being pulled apart.

Maybe I'm just a rebel at heart.

Anyway, that's my rant over. hope the OP finds what he's looking for.

I know what you mean man, I used to live in Manchester, and stuff like the Warehouse project, which used to be full of sound people, wanting to dance to quality music, is now overrun by freshers who take their tops off and wear sunglasses, cover themselves in glow paint, and girls in high heels, as you said jumping on the bandwagon.

There is hope though, I know what you mean about Rusko, but I still like a bit of ravey dubstep, people like trolley snatcha and flux pavilion are developing it more....

I have been diving head first into the production latley. Those masterclass vids are great!
    Another good way to learn is if you have a freind who is into production and is good, pick their brain.
    I recently sat down with Downlink ( http://www.myspace.com/downlinkdub ) and went through some production teqniques.

For Dubstep basslines he noted Native Instruments Massive is a great tool for sheer ease of use and over all power This video is great for getting started with the synth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZYDmw2pYOk

You tube is a indespensible tool for learning different teqniques
    Happy Producing!
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

i've been trying to get the sound in Logic's EXS24 sampler but it's just not coming out how i want it no matter how much i tweak everything. the ableton process works pretty well with Simpler, but i do most of my producing in Logic. i've been oogling the NI software for a minute, they have some bomb programs. either way, i don't have the physical knobs to map so i can't really jump on the production right away.

all your feedback has been a great help though guys. big ups.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    i've been trying to get the sound in Logic's EXS24 sampler but it's just not coming out how i want it no matter how much i tweak everything. the ableton process works pretty well with Simpler, but i do most of my producing in Logic. i've been oogling the NI software for a minute, they have some bomb programs. either way, i don't have the physical knobs to map so i can't really jump on the production right away.

all your feedback has been a great help though guys. big ups.
    downlink uses logic to produce his music. You really don't need the phisical knobs, you can use a LFO or just simply automate the knob.
    I rarley use my controllers in production unless im auditioning a motion I may wanna try out.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post
    I have been diving head first into the production latley. Those masterclass vids are great!
    Another good way to learn is if you have a freind who is into production and is good, pick their brain.
    I recently sat down with Downlink ( http://www.myspace.com/downlinkdub ) and went through some production teqniques.
    Jesus. Gamma Ray Burst by downlink is a face melter. Everytime I make progress I hear another tune, and its straight back to the drawing board. Gotta step it up another level!

Just need the time around work!

F*** GAMMA RAY BURST IS AMAZING (its still playing as i write)

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

sorry Rumble didnt mean to be so blunt in my first post, but I'd still say that I have learnt a lot about the use of synths through following tutorials on recreating a certain sound.

You are right that doesnt aid your ability to create a sound from your brain directly, but through familirising you self with different ways of using the synth it has a follow on effect in that domain.

no woz, i didnt think it twas that blunt anyway, its an interesting subject,, great to see another great discussion on DJTT!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblejazz View Post
    Jesus. Gamma Ray Burst by downlink is a face melter. Everytime I make progress I hear another tune, and its straight back to the drawing board. Gotta step it up another level!

Just need the time around work!

F*** GAMMA RAY BURST IS AMAZING (its still playing as i write)
    Yeah all of downlinks stuff is pretty sick. You should hear the house he makes ! He actually just had a few songs signed onto Excisions (Rotton Recordings) label.

The peices of advice he had for me was to get into those "Producer Masterclass" (Love'n the Rusko set!) video's and study the teqniques they are using and apply them to what I am trying to make. I will admit that since that little session the way I have been going about my music is for sure alot different, and the sound quality is a whole lot better as well.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Gamma Ray Burst Is a fuckin Tune!

Is it out on digital yet?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast