Used X1 troubles
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Used X1 troubles

Hey guys, I recently picked up a used X1 with the case and was told by the seller that he had gone ahead and unregistered it for me before selling. When I go to register it though using the serial on the back, the NI website tells me it's been registered by another user. I called NI and they told me to contact the seller again and I have multiple times with no response back. Any ideas on what I can do to get my X1 registered to my account?
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Nothing you can do untill you contact the seller. Was it though eBay ?
    CDJ 2000s + DJM 2000

Check out my Mixes : Soundcloud

No it was craigslist. I've emailed him after the deal a few times, but he won't respond. I have the email in which he says it's unregistered if that helps at all.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

Tech Mentor

Ah... One of the perils of craigslist. You'll have to accept it and move on if he doesn't respond.

Quote Originally Posted by firebr4nd View Post
    Hey guys, I recently picked up a used X1 with the case and was told by the seller that he had gone ahead and unregistered it for me before selling. When I go to register it though using the serial on the back, the NI website tells me it's been registered by another user. I called NI and they told me to contact the seller again and I have multiple times with no response back. Any ideas on what I can do to get my X1 registered to my account?
    why do you need it registered? according to your sig you alrdy have traktor.... ¯\(°_o)/¯

Thats what I was thinking. I don't remember registering my x1? But obviously if it's not working you need to....
    2x Technics SL-12000 mk2 / 2x Numark HDX
    Kontrol Z2 / Ecler Nuo 3 / Custom Vestax 07Pro 25th Anniversary, Blue Led's & integrated Audio 6 / Numark DXM06 w/innofader
    Novation Dicer / NI Maschine / Kontrol X1 / F1
    TSP2

Do you mean registering the controller itself or software? I purchased a used X1 and an S2 from two forum members here. I had no problems whatsoever registering traktor software, but I did have trouble registering the S2 hardware. The serial number appeared to be taken somehow even if the owner didn't register it. I contacted NI and they apparently had problems with some hardware registrations.
    HP Envy 14 Beats Edition, Traktor Pro 2, NI Kontrol S4, NI Kontrol X1, NI Kontrol F1, AIAIA TMA-1

Quote Originally Posted by The Pancaker View Post
    Do you mean registering the controller itself or software? I purchased a used X1 and an S2 from two forum members here. I had no problems whatsoever registering traktor software, but I did have trouble registering the S2 hardware. The serial number appeared to be taken somehow even if the owner didn't register it. I contacted NI and they apparently had problems with some hardware registrations.
    It was more for warranty purposes in case something went wrong because the unit is supposedly (what the seller told me) fairly new. I'll call them up tomorrow and see if I can get the hardware registered then over the phone.

i couldnt imagine anything going wrong with it, but ya i guess better to be on the safe side.... i have yet to reg mine since its purchase last year, its a straightup workhorse i honestly dont think you'll have anything to worry about but update once u hear back from NI

Yeah the X1 is built really nice. I didn't need Traktor and the guy selling it couldn't find the disc anyway, so I got him to give me the case and the X1 for $100 even. Not bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast