Leave it to the Dbags at Beatport to F up more stuff....
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Leave it to the Dbags at Beatport to F up more stuff....

So up for discussion is the new genres in Beatport, and where do people like myself fall? Am I now considered "Hard Techno"... It would seem now I fall under there... ahhhhh WTF? Thanks for once again fncking up more sh!t now Beatport, you c_ck suckers! So what do all of you techno producers and followers think? Should I now release in the "Hard Techno" genre? I mean, if I go under the "Hard Techno" genre a majority of it just sounds like regular old techno that I have been making and playing forever, with the exception of the Hardcore shit that is also lumped in there for god knows what reason... And have you read the sh!t about beatport's other new genres? These fncking handjobs over there have created a genre called "Romantic Techno".... WTF?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    So up for discussion is the new genres in Beatport, and where do people like myself fall? Am I now considered "Hard Techno"... It would seem now I fall under there... ahhhhh WTF? Thanks for once again fncking up more sh!t now Beatport, you c_ck suckers! So what do all of you techno producers and followers think? Should I now release in the "Hard Techno" genre? I mean, if I go under the "Hard Techno" genre a majority of it just sounds like regular old techno that I have been making and playing forever, with the exception of the Hardcore shit that is also lumped in there for god knows what reason... And have you read the sh!t about beatport's other new genres? These fncking handjobs over there have created a genre called "Romantic Techno".... WTF?
    Romantic Techno?!!! F**k a dead duck, in all my 18 years of DJing, that wins the competition for joke genre definitions hands down!!!!

Also sounds like another reason not to go back to Beatport. I gave up shopping there several months ago, the genre definitions, genre charts, new releases are terrible to navigate and my impression is there seems some bias to certain labels/producers.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by backtothefront View Post
    Romantic Techno?!!! F**k a dead duck, in all my 18 years of DJing, that wins the competition for joke genre definitions hands down!!!!

Also sounds like another reason not to go back to Beatport. I gave up shopping there several months ago, the genre definitions, genre charts, new releases are terrible to navigate and my impression is there seems some bias to certain labels/producers.
    Totally right!

Tech Guru

Romantic Techno? I'd love some examples of this! Can you play it over a candlelit dinner?

perfect music to try and fingerbang some slut to, giver her the shocker when it comes out of the breakdown.

Tech Guru

perfect music to try and fingerbang some slut to, giver her the shocker when it comes out of the breakdown.
    So eloquently put Lance!

Tech Guru

Quick question, Beatport says you might have to wait for some tracks to be available in AIFF. Is there actually much chance of this happening? Is there anything I should know about AIFF before I go for it over MP3?

...giver her the shocker when it comes out of the breakdown.
    Oh man that's good stuff..

Okay so what I'm hearing here is, Beatport sucks. I'll take your guys' word for it. I'm looking for good places to find tunes. Today I discovered http://www.djtunes.com Is this a good one?

What are some other prime sites?
    Vestax VCI-400 EGE, Traktor Pro 2.5 + flashflooders' .tsi, Lenovo Y580 IdeaPad: 3rd Gen i7, 8 GB DDR3, 7200rpm 500 GB HDD, 1920x1080

http://soundcloud.com/bhajan-raum

Got a link to this stuff about romantic techno and new genres?

I'm looking on beatport and genres look the same as before with "Hardcore / Hard Techno" being a genre. Is there something else they are rolling out?

Also how does it even work with releasing on beatport, can you pick the genre you want to be released under? From the way some things are sorted and all the mess ups it seemed like someone else was always assigning them. I would say keep releasing under just the techno genre- when I read "hard techno" I think faster 135bpm+ stuff like hardcore and I wouldn't browse under that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Got a link to this stuff about romantic techno and new genres?

I'm looking on beatport and genres look the same as before with "Hardcore / Hard Techno" being a genre. Is there something else they are rolling out?

Also how does it even work with releasing on beatport, can you pick the genre you want to be released under? From the way some things are sorted and all the mess ups it seemed like someone else was always assigning them. I would say keep releasing under just the techno genre- when I read "hard techno" I think faster 135bpm+ stuff like hardcore and I wouldn't browse under that.
    Ok, so the deal with beatport is you either go through a distributor, or have a direct account. I have a direct account. I pick the genre that stuff gets released, but they have been known in the past to switch genres on labels.

As for the crazy new genres, it was in an email sent out last week about these new genres coming soon...
    attached is a screen shot of them.

564673_10150979989462982_1124768140_n.jpeg

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast