OSX Mountain Lion is now out! Post your results with various digital DJ programs
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default OSX Mountain Lion is now out! Post your results with various digital DJ programs

About to upgrade to OSX Mountain Lion but wanted to check to see if anyone was a bit more daring than me and has already completed their upgrade?

If I do not hear back I will post results of Mountain Lion + Traktor 2.5.1.

I'm downloading now... will post results
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Tech Guru

Will be very interested to hear your feedback.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Tech Mentor

Traktor seems to work just fine, will stress it out more once I get my S2!
    VCI-400 EGE / Sennheiser HD-25-1 II / MF3D / iPad 2 running Lemur / Audio 6 DJ

Is today the 25th already!? hope it doesn't take 4 hours like Lion did last summer
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Tech Guru

There is some kind of beta driver out now from NI:

Dear Native Instruments user,

This newsletter provides important information about the compatibility of Native Instruments hardware products with MacOS 10.8, as well as with the current-generation MacBook Pro and MacBook Air models equipped with USB 3.0 ports.

Due to USB audio driver issues present in recent versions of OSX, some NI products will experience a degraded audio signal when used with OS X 10.8 "Mountain Lion" on any Apple hardware. The same issue occurs with the current-generation MacBooks under 10.7 using USB 3.0. Specifically, the following NI products are affected:

AUDIO 2 DJ / AUDIO 4 DJ / AUDIO 8 DJ
    AUDIO KONTROL 1
    GUITAR RIG MOBILE
    GUITAR RIG SESSION
    KORE 1
    RIG KONTROL 2 / RIG KONTROL 3
    TRAKTOR AUDIO 2
    TRAKTOR KONTROL S4

Native Instruments has provided beta drivers* for these hardware devices to make them fully compatible with the newest Apple technologies. If you own one of the affected devices and run the latest MacOS version 10.8, or have a MacBook with USB 3.0, you can download and install the beta drivers from our unprotected drivers and updates page....

Best regards,

The Native Instruments team

20 bucks? ehhhhhh

Don't wanna do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

That only applies to usb 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by DJKyleHughes View Post
    20 bucks? ehhhhhh

Don't wanna do it.
    If your still on snow leopard it would be the best $20 you ever spent, but yeah no one is forcing you to do anything
    13" Mbp i7 | TMA-1 | Tech 1200's | RANE TTM-57 | NI Audio 4 | Kontrol S4 | F1 | KrK Rokit 5s

Quote Originally Posted by Emery View Post

If your still on snow leopard it would be the best $20 you ever spent, but yeah no one is forcing you to do anything

Haha, I'm on lion right now. So I'm happy with what I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Tech Guru

Plus don't forget the 20$ allows you to intall on up to 5 macs which is a really good deal if you own multiple machines!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast