Pioneer DJM 600
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pioneer DJM 600

Tech Mentor

Default Pioneer DJM 600

So I have been looking for an analog mixer and came across a pioneer djm 600 on craigslist for $300. Is this worth it, if it's in working condition? I know it's no 800 but at that price i figured it was a good deal. I would appreciate some input before I jumped on this. I will be using DVS with it so I'm not to worried about effects but was mostly curious how it would work with scratching, recording, etc. Thanks in advance.

Tech Wizard

The cross fader on the DJM-600 isn't great for scratching. Other then that it would be ok. $300 is bout right on price, but of course see if you can get it any lower

Tech Mentor

would you think the crossfader would work better than the stock one on the s4 though?

it's all based on personal preferences. there's no bad/good answer. DJM600 sounds WAY better/natural than this fail DJM800 that's for sure.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Mentor

not necessarily looking for a right or wrong answer but was more curious if for $300 it would be worth picking up coming from someone who just got turntables and is looking on investing in an analog mixer.

i'm actually into pio mixers but really don't like the djm600, had one for a while.

I'd say the 800 was decent, digital music sounded crisp on it. Analogue not so much...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

what didn't you like about the 600, MaxOne?

300$ is a really decent price and smart choice for what you'll use it for.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Tech Mentor

have you had a chance to play with the effects on it?

We've had and used one for the last 5 years or so. It definitely shows its age now (came out around 1998 i believe) no problems whatsoever. go for it.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast