Beatport declining transaction
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Beatport declining transaction

So Beatport keeps saying my transaction is declined.
    It happened a few weeks back when I was trying to buy one track and I thought nothing of it and left it despite having bought 10 tracks about an hour before. Came to try again, with a £75 cart and it's doing the same. Tried both Paypal and straight from debit card. All details are correct. More than enough money in the account.

Seems this a common problem upon Googling but most posts are old and there's no help.
    Tried deleting cookies/cache and emailed BP but no response yet and from my Googling it doesn't seem like they'll be able to do much. Any ideas?

Tech Wizard

Sure you billing address info is up to date? Maybe try a different card if you have one?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChilledoutCharlie View Post
    Sure you billing address info is up to date? Maybe try a different card if you have one?
    Yeah everythings right. It's weird because it worked one minute, then when I came to buy another track exactly the same way it didn't.
    They emailed me buying saying Paypal is declining it, which is bs because Paypal are sending me emails saying they're sending the money from their end every time I try (it's not actually taking the money out of my account though, I assume because Beatport isn't receiving the pending transaction because it's declining).

From the Google results it seems they always try and blame the bank (who then say it's not them) which is similar to what they're trying here. Errrghh.

Tech Wizard

I once had a few declines for no real reason, when I changed cards it worked fine. So I was using like a VISA lets say and switched to a master card (or maestro w/e) and it worked fine but it was with the same bank. If you have access to another card maybe try that? Also as a quick aside check out the beatport discount code thread!

Tech Guru

Ahhhhhhh I've managed to do it by going straight through my debit card again! I edited the info and put the exact same stuff in it and it worked! Cheers anyway bro. Lucky it did work because I don't have any other cards. I also used one of the codes Shame it only takes the discount off the lossy price!

I'll leave this thread open because it seems a fairly common issue.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You can also use Paypal at checkout.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

try flash.beatport.com somehow i had some similar problem, strangly beatport.com gave a different price in the shopping cart as flash, i tried to pay with gift coupons so i was 30 cents short.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Tech Guru

I managed to solve the problem guys (somehow) but feel free to keep suggesting things as it might help someone

This actually happened to me yesterday. Just reloaded the page and it went thru fine.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    I managed to solve the problem guys (somehow) but feel free to keep suggesting things as it might help someone
    Hi KS2 I have the same problem !!! Did you solve it sucessfully ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast